Saturday, February 11, 2012

Today I wanted to share with you one of my true loves....no, not chocolate, although that is a good guess LOL ...but antique/heirloom bowls. About 5 years ago I discovered beautiful antique bowls and I've been in love with them ever since! They intrigue me because I wonder who originally bought the bowl and what they used it for. I can imagine a scene from something like Little House on the Prarie and a lady in a long colonial dress mixing dough in the bowls or serving fresh fruit to her friends and family. After I bought a couple I decided to get a bowl rack to display my collection and I'm glad I did. I love it and I get compliments on it all the time. Here's a picture of my bowl rack displaying a hodge podge of bowls in all different colors and textures, and a few close ups of various bowls.



As I began collecting the bowls I quickly learned how expensive they can be. Real antique ones sell for hundreds of dollars, which is why I started buying replicas. I get the same look as the real antique ones for a fraction of the price. I discovered that Athome America has a really nice variety of bowls (no they did not pay me to say that), and their prices are just right. You can find their website at www.athome.com

This is a pic of the next bowl I plan to purchase from Athome America. I've been eyeballing it for a while now and would like to use it this summer for Memorial day thru the 4th of July. Its a perfect summer piece with the stars and all. I love it!

I use the bowls in the kitchen to serve food but I also use them to display potpourri, rose hips and cinnamon sticks in the fall, and I have even added them to my Christmas displays as a holder for pinecones, ornaments, and other things. Even a good holder/display for buttons or in a kids room to hold hair accessories or crayons. They are durable and one of my favorite things.

Thanks for stopping by...have a wonderful weekend!

Jenn

1 comment:

  1. Where did you get that bowl rack? Searching the internet and can't find anything like it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.