Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Make Your Own Display Stand



Hello everyone! Today I am going to show you how to easily make our own display stand.

These things are great for entertaining as you can use them to serve cupcakes, cookies, or snacks. They are also great for organizing and displaying soaps and other items in a bathroom or kitchen, or they can be used for a candle display too.

Because these stands are SO versatile they can be used anywhere in your home so I decided I wanted to make one for my beachy bathroom, and this his how I did it.




I started off by making a trip to "La thrift store".

Found an old brass candle stick for $0.70 cents, a small/mini sized pizza pan/baking dish for about the same, so in total I spent less than $1.50 to make this. 

(ignore the glass vase-that is being used for something else)


The key here is to find pieces that COORDINATE in size. The candle stick used for the base needs to be sturdy and wide enough to support the tray on top.



Spray painted both pieces with a grey-blue color in Satin by Rustoleum called Slate Blue.




Then used Locktite glue to glue the candle stick (stand) to the bottom of the plate.


 Here is an up close view of the final pieces after being painted and glued together.









And I used it in my beachy bathroom to create a little vignette of things like bath salts, a reed diffuser, and a turquoise vase.














Not bad for $1.50 and some spray paint I already had on hand! These are SO easy to make and can be used all throughout your home!



 Pin It
I just LOVE how this turned out and I can't wait to make a few more for other areas of the house.
Have a wonderful day!



Jennifer






Linking Up to These Great Parties:


French Country Cottage
livelaughlinky 250x250Tickled Pink Linky PartyThe Shabby NestJennifer Rizzo
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating
Made in a Day

It's Overflowing
”UndertheTableandDreaming”
mop it up mondays featurethat diy link partyJoin me each Sunday for my weekly party
The Girl Creative
The Dedicated House


twelveOeight
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Creative Cain Cabin
Mod Vintage Life
Vintage On A Dime


Adorned From Above
Centerpiece Wednesdays Button
Wednesdays @ 7pm CST:

30 comments:

  1. I love your décor very creative! Nicole from southerncharm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really adorable...love the color and the beachey look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! You were the link before me at the Redoux link party!Just stopping by to say hi! This is great... and cheap! I think the guidance on the scale being correct is super important. You found the perfect candle stick for this project! Thanks for sharing! So glad I was linked behind you! :-)

    Cheers,
    Julia
    It's Always Ruetten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't you the clever one! I love the idea and it being something I can actually do makes it even better. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fantastic and clever idea! Thanks for the inspiration. Saw this on the Live Laugh Rowe link party. Great blog, really enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How clever and very pretty!
    Thanks for sharing.

    http://www.curiositaellya.blogspot.com/

    Ellya

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it.... So adorable. The color is perfect... :)

    hugs x
    Crystelle
    Crystelle Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clever idea...it looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Jennifer! Perfect timing! I need a base for my one of my glass cloches and this project is just perfect. My local Goodwill stores aren't the best for finding treasures but garage sale season is about to start so I will keep my eyes open. I was wondering what to use on top of the base and yours is a great idea! A pizza pan! I can't wait to see what else you've been up to so I am now your newest follower. Love supporting my fellow bloggers! If you have a chance I would be delighted to have you visit me as I always love making new friends! Ok... off to see what other projects I can do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the soft, powdery blue that you used! I also really like the beach vignette you have going on. I plan on doing a similar theme for our bathroom when we work on it in the summer.

    toddlindsey.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This turned out lovely- love the color with the sea motif!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is too cute. I wonder if I have the parts somewhere in the attic to copy it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun tutorial ~ I love thrift store finds! Thanks for sharing at the Tin Roof Party =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea, and thanks for sharing the tutorial. Nice Work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a beautiful display stand; I love the color you used. What a beautiful vignette for your beachy bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great idea! Love the color of blue you used it's the perfect pretty shade.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What and easy and quick tutorial! Thanks for sharing!
    Selene @ Restoration Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  18. AMAZING...this Jersey girl loves the beach! hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very thrifty! Thank you for sharing at the Give Me The Goods Link Party! http://dimplesandpigtales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. It turned out just perfect, thanks for sharing at the Cabin:) Very clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great idea! How cute!
    Leslie
    House on the Way

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love it when people think outside the box to repurpose old thrift store items. Great job and Happy Earth Day! Thanks so much for sharing this past week at Project Inspire{d}!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous and beachy stand Jennifer!! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Pretty Things party this week! Hope you can join me again tonight for another great party :)

    xo, Tanya
    http://twelveoeight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Jennifer, this is amazing! Love it! Looks terrific - I will be featuring your post in this evening's Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  25. very nice...........Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!


    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.