Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Make Your Own Display Stand



Hello everyone! Today I am going to show you how to easily make our own display stand.

These things are great for entertaining as you can use them to serve cupcakes, cookies, or snacks. They are also great for organizing and displaying soaps and other items in a bathroom or kitchen, or they can be used for a candle display too.

Because these stands are SO versatile they can be used anywhere in your home so I decided I wanted to make one for my beachy bathroom, and this his how I did it.




I started off by making a trip to "La thrift store".

Found an old brass candle stick for $0.70 cents, a small/mini sized pizza pan/baking dish for about the same, so in total I spent less than $1.50 to make this. 

(ignore the glass vase-that is being used for something else)


The key here is to find pieces that COORDINATE in size. The candle stick used for the base needs to be sturdy and wide enough to support the tray on top.



Spray painted both pieces with a grey-blue color in Satin by Rustoleum called Slate Blue.




Then used Locktite glue to glue the candle stick (stand) to the bottom of the plate.


 Here is an up close view of the final pieces after being painted and glued together.









And I used it in my beachy bathroom to create a little vignette of things like bath salts, a reed diffuser, and a turquoise vase.














Not bad for $1.50 and some spray paint I already had on hand! These are SO easy to make and can be used all throughout your home!



 Pin It
I just LOVE how this turned out and I can't wait to make a few more for other areas of the house.
Have a wonderful day!



Jennifer






Linking Up to These Great Parties:


French Country Cottage
livelaughlinky 250x250Tickled Pink Linky PartyThe Shabby NestJennifer Rizzo
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating
Made in a Day

It's Overflowing
”UndertheTableandDreaming”
mop it up mondays featurethat diy link partyJoin me each Sunday for my weekly party
The Girl Creative
The Dedicated House


twelveOeight
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Creative Cain Cabin
Mod Vintage Life
Vintage On A Dime


Adorned From Above
Centerpiece Wednesdays Button
Wednesdays @ 7pm CST: