Sunday, February 26, 2012

Special WUSLU Delivery for me and a wreath to top it off!

Today the weather in KC was awesome, to say the least! The temp today was around 65 and it was sunny with a clear sky. Of course with weather like that I started feeling Spring fever, so I had to break out my supplies and start working on changing out the dull winter decor with Spring accessories. The first thing I wanted to tackle was the wreath on the front door. Its the first thing I see when I pull up to the house after a long day at work so I want it to be a wreath that is eye catching yet inviting and fun with yellows and greens, so here's what I came up with, using what I already had-grapevine wreath, floral stems, and burlap wired ribbon. (LOVE burlap ribbon)
I wrapped the burlap ribbon around the wreath then tucked the ends inside some of the twigs so I didn't have to hot glue. I like changing this wreath out a lot so I didn't want to glue anything to it. Then I added the floral stems and tied a bow at the bottom. I thought it looked a little plain so I decided to add some random polka dots to the ribbon. For the polka dots I put some Old World acrylic paint in yellow on a paper plate then took the eraser side of a pencil and dabbed on the paint in random polka dots. Until I got the desired affect I was looking for. I really like the final product considering it was a NO-BUDGET/LOW BUDGET project.
Now, for the big finale.......my very FIRST WUSLU order has arrived! I ordered the wood and metal lantern and I absolutely LOVE it!!! For now I have it sitting on our fireplace hearth next to my tall candlesticks, but I hope to incorporate it into my spring decor later this week.
And for those of you who have yet to discover WUSLU, it is an online daily-deal shop that emails out a new daily deal every day. The deals include all sorts of home decor items that range from baskets to pillows, to subway art to mirrors, you name it!!! You can copy and paste this address into your browser to find the WUSLU website- http://wuslu.com/email/Todays-deal-large-new.jpg Enjoy! Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. Very cute low budget wreath, Jennifer! You are so creative and thrifty, great qualities I admire. I enjoy looking at your blog often! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. coming over to visit! :) Love the burlap ribbon - where did you find that? I have been looking everywhere for it.

    and love the lantern too! But I am on lantern restriction - cannot buy one more - have bought way too many already - LOL! :) My newest one was one sort of like yours - whitewashed wood and metal - got it at Kirkland's.

    Christina@TheFrugalHomemaker.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.