Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pottery Barn Eat Your Heart Out!

I am so very excited to share with you my latest thrifty find. Its a doozie!

As you know, we are preparing to sell my house in the near future so I have been spending the majority of my free time working on the house doing small maintenance projects and painting/staging the house.

So far I have not made it yet to redoing the front room, but when I hit this part of my to-do list, one of the things I would like to have is a large sea grass rug but I have never wanted to pay full retail for one, and they tend to run high.
 
Well, its no secret the the Restore shops are a fabulous resource for used AND new home items at reasonable prices, so every so often I run by there to see if I can find things like old glass door knobs, tile, mouldings, etc. for my house. This past Saturday I decided to run by there and told myself I could have 15 minutes or less and that was it. Well, I am SO glad I went!!!
 
To my surprise I found an entire BOX of sea grass/sisal rug remnants for ONLY TEN DOLLARS!!!!




 





 
I was thinking to myself that there's got to be a catch. They have got to be damaged, odd shapes, etc. because this can not be true. These rugs retail for hundreds and are hard to find on sale.


They are gorgeous rugs and I have purchased smaller more affordable ones in the past but have alwys had my eye open for sale on a large area rug, but have not found one at the price I am willing to pay...that is until now.  

Here is one from Pottery Barn. Their price is $199 for a 5 X 8 sea grass rug.

Color-Bound Seagrass Rug, 2.5 x 9', Natural


This one is from Target and has a raw edge just like my rug, and for a 5 X 7 they want $149 bucks!

Nate Berkus Braided Jute Rug - Bronze

This one is from Ballard Designs and it runs $179 for a 6 x 9.

Seagrass Rug

 
So I dug thru some ALL of the rugs as there were all kinds of sizes and textures to chose from and this is what I bought.

This HUGE area rug for only $10 dollars!



(excuse the mess....I am doing all kinds of DIY projects at the moment) :)
 
 
 
















 

 
 
The two ends are finished but the sides are raw and need some trimming. Easy-peasy for ten bucks!
 
















 

 
Here is an up close and personal view. The rug has what I call a more relaxed weave to it and is comfortable to walk on with bare feet. 
 
And what a great size I found.....without even measuring! I was totally unprepared for such a find this weekend so I did not have my measurements with me but it all turned out great. I am thankful for the contractor that could not use the rest of the rug and decided to donate it because it is a treasure to me!!!


 

 
All I need now is to get a rug pad to protect my  hardwood floor, and that's it. What  a steal....even I am still in shock at my bargain!!!!
 

.....and because the price was right, I was able to get another rug for our house. I bought a long runner for our hall way. It has a tighter weave and is a lighter color and I plan to post pics of it later.
 
So timing was everything for this bargain and I am glad I stopped in. Have you ever shopped at a Habitat Restore? If so did you get a great deal? If you have never been I highly recommend swinging by there and checking it out!
 
I know I am glad I did!
 
Have a wonderful week!
 
Jennifer
 
P.S. I am a little over half way done with the mud room and can't wait to share it with you!


Linking Up To These Great Parties:


 

UndertheTableandDreaming
The Chicken Chick


DIY Show Off

Creative Cain Cabin
Mod Vintage Life
House on the Way

{Primp}


Vintage On A Dime




http://www.thethriftyhome.com


http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/
PhotobucketThe Shabby Nest



Monday Funday Creating Really Awesome Free Things
UndertheTableandDreaming

30 comments:

  1. I love your rug. We don't have any rugs or carpet because we have a dog, 2 cats and sand blowing in all the time. If I could, I would have a rug just like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You lucky girl! That rug is amazing for $10! We have a restore that is about 35 minutes from our home that we stop at from time to time but have never purchased anything! I find there prices, at this store, to be too high. I saw a couple purchasing some barstools for $59 and the next time I was in Lowes the same exact stools where there for $59. Oh well, I still have Goodwill and Craigslist! Blessings, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the rug and such a bargain!! Love Restore!!! I love walking around and just seeing what they have. When our dog started having problems walking across the linoleum in the kitchen, I went to restore and found a new carpet remnant about 2 1/2 ft wide by about 20 ft long. I just needed a path for her to get to the back door and this was perfect and $3!!! I had looked at Walmart and would've cost me $30 for a runner. Raw edges, but worked perfect while we needed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huge awesome find!!! Lucky, lucky, lucky!!

    Jenna @ http://rainonatinroof.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. great find--congrats! Unless there's another one I don't know about, we just moved farther away from our Habitat Restore :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice find....great price....great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! What a find!!! Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a crazy great deal! Awesome rug, and I agree, Habitat ReStores are a great place to shop.

    Jeanette @ Creating A Life

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that was a great deal! Are you going to finish that one side yourself or have it done?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never shopped the Restore. Now I will:) Nice job!! Swing by
    http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/2013/01/sweet-heart-pillow-upcycle.html
    http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/2013/01/choose-to-be-happy.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. You rocked that deal for sure! Thanx for sharing at THT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous find! It looks awesome!

    Visiting from Someday Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great price on your rug, and especially at that size. I have been to the restore several hours away when we visit our family. Lots of junk at this one, but I did find a nice wood step ladder for $10 one time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok... so let me get this right. You walked in and found a full area rug remnant. Didn't have to piece or anything else. I am blown away!! It was meant to be yours, for sure! I love sisal and sea grass rugs. I bought one for my son's room at a resale shop. Pottery Barn for sure with it being bound on all sides. $200 when normally it would be double that. Ok... I hear you chortling over there. LOL! Just kidding as nothing makes me happier than a true bargain. Impressive and I'm happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow I love it... And I love a bargain!!!!! Deb Vintage On A Dime

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great find! Looks like you are gearing up for some gorgeous redos!
    I'm following along and can't wait to see what's next.
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great idea and I love the aspect of the rug!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the Habitat Restore! I love your bargain - I would have gone nuts as I have been searching for one for a while too!
    Thanks for linking up and sharing this week!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great Job Jennifer! I love finding ways to mimic a look without a hefty price tag, and you did just that! Just saw your blog over at French Country Cottage, and am now your newest follower. I would love for you to visit my blog at Maddiebella Home, and follow me back. I am new to blogging and am enjoying all of the creativity.

    Have a beautiful weekend.

    Betty (Maddiebella Home)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an awsome find.......Lucky girl! just happened to come across your blog....definitely a nw follower here by email. Can't wait for more :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great find. We do not have a Restore here.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  22. $10? Amazing!!! It's really quite perfect. Thank you for sharing this at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see you again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just adore thrifty finds like this! I would love to have you help kick off my new Creative HomeAcre Hop today!
    http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/2013/02/the-creative-homeacre-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. What an amazing find! I haven't seen a deal anywhere close to that at my local habitat store. Wish I would!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Jennifer, you will be one of the features at today's Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House...that is if I can finish the post. lol. Congrats on such a lovely find! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love it! Such a great thrift store find!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks Kathy! I appreciate the feature!

    Ladies, thanks for the invites to your linky parties. I will swing by and link up.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.