Sunday, November 2, 2014

How to Modify Any Lamp Shade to Fit Your Lamp

 
  
I have had this small lamp for a while now and I love the dark oil rubbed bronze look of it and knew I wanted to incorporate it into my Fall décor but I wasn't exactly sure where I would put it.
 
I also needed a lamp shade too, and when I was digging through my home décor stash I realized that most
of my lamp shades were not compatible with the style of the lamp.
 
You see, I had this white lamp shade that fit the lamp perfectly but I had no way to attach it to the lamp.
  
Now, maybe its just me, but I never really thought about this before until I had this dilemma with my little lamp.
 
There are two different ways your lamp shade can go on.....
 
Pin It 
 but my lamp shade attached at the top of my lamp, as in the middle picture above,
 
and I did not have a harp to attach it to.
 
Then one day while thrift shopping I found this little guy for 69 cents......
 
 



All you do is form the two wires around the bulb and attach your lamp shade to the screw on top.
Pin It


 
 
Then screw your finial on top and voila!
 
Where has this been all my life?!
 
 
 
Pin It 
So the  next time you find a cute lampshade but its the wrong type of shade for your lamp, never fear!!!
 
You can simply modify the shade with a simple clip.
 

And if you find a fabulous lamp that needs to be rewired, I have you covered. :)
 
You can find my rewiring tutorial HERE.



Have a wonderful week!
Jennifer



Linking Up to These Great Parties:
Monday Funday Link Party{nifty button}Just a Girl and Her BlogBy Stephanie LynnLink PartyThe Scoop BannerPI 8pmIn and Out of the Kitchen Link Party #27Awesome Things TuesdayAdorned From AboveTreasure Hunt Thursday
 
http://www.onemoretimeevents.com/2014/11/share-it-one-more-time-12.htmlSavvy Southern StyleIvy and Elephantsinspiration2 hosted by Live Laugh Rowe and My Fabuless Life_250 A Joyful CottageSay G'Day SaturdayBe.You_.Tiful-Link-Party-Button-500x500

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.