Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Thrifty Find-Restoration Hardware Gourd Lamp

Hello everyone! I know last week the South got hit with bad weather, and now we here in the Mid-West are getting hit with a ton of snow! Thankfully its not sleet or ice, but we got so much snow that business have shut down and I left work early so I could make it home before it got too bad.
 
So I'm inside today trying to stay warm and I am excited to show you my latest thrifty find.
 
Here she is!


 
 
 
 
 
I am in love with this lamp. Everything about it is just what I have been looking for....the awesome gourd shape, the soft blue-gray color, and the crisp white shade with the silver accents. 
 
Perfect, right?
 
Unfortunately, this story takes a turn! :(
 
The lamp only cost me about $7 bucks, which is a MAJOR score for a lamp from Restoration Hardware, BUT, when I brought it home it did not work!!!!  gggrrrrrrr!
 
So my first inclination was to say forget it and take it back to the thrift store, but I snapped out of my "tude" and decided I may as well try to rewire it.
 
Yup. That's what I said.....rewire it!
 
So here I am on a snow day and I am bound and determined to get this lamp working and into my office where it belongs! :)
 
 
So wish me luck, and if you have any tips for rewiring lamps I would love to hear them.
 
 
Have a great week and stay warm!
 
Jennifer



Linking Up To These Great Parties
http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/

Whimsy Wed. BANNERMy Uncommon Slice of SuburbiaJust a Girl and Her BlogThe DIY'ersIvy and Elephants
 
 
Savvy Southern StyleWhat did you makeLinky Party The Dedicated HouseYour Whims Wednesdaycity farmhouseTreasure Hunt ThursdayMade in a DayImparting GracebirdsonwirePrettyThingsThe Shabby NestInspire Me Please150x150 SSS Strut Your Stuff ButtonSunday                          is the day to shareTitiCrafty by CamilaCOMMondaycopy1 (1)Sunday Best PartyThe Chicken ChickBy Stephanie LynnDream a Little Biggerhome stories a to z link partyLinky PartyThree Mango SeedsThe ScoopHouse on the Wayhttp://www.thethriftyhome.comYour Whims Wednesdaylivelaughlinky 250x250hh2142014
Savvy Southern Style
southern hospitality

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.