Sunday, August 3, 2014

August Landscaping Update

Yay! I am so happy to report to you that my
Black Eyed Susan plant is finally blooming!
 
 
You may remember that I just planted them at the beginning of the season, so I am pleased to announce that they actually bloomed!
 
 
 
......and have more buds coming....see the ones that haven't quite opened up yet?
 
I hope to get a few more weeks enjoyment out these guys.
 
 
 
Pin It
 
 
Next year I plan on putting a third plant behind the bird bath so that eventually the three grow together and surround it.
 
 
 
 
 
My Spirea is still going strong.
 
I have found that the more I water it, the more it blooms, so I try to water it at least four times each week.
 
So far it has been working!
 



Surprise!!! 
 
Out of the blue I have Surprise Lilies blooming, which are really a surprise!



This one lily came out of nowhere, along with a few more I have in another part of the yard!
 
 I do not ever remember planting it but it popped up and
is standing proud all by itself!



 
It is so pretty and smells good too!



 

 I'm still waiting on the Rose of Sharon bushes to bloom that were trimmed back in June.
 
I was afraid that it was trimmed so late in the season that I would not get any blooms this year but it is FULL of buds, so I am sitting here anxiously awaiting it to bloom!
 

 
 
 
 

 
 Here is another view of the Rose of Sharon bushes. Even though they were trimmed they really grew fast!
 
 





Below is the picket fence vignette.
 
I love these large hostas and the clumps of lirope together.


 



I really need to dress up this gate with something special.




I hung turquoise flower pots on the side of the fence to add a pop of color and interest to the space and help conceal the store space behind the picket fence.


 
 
Pin It


These are one of my favorite pots to fill with flowers each Spring.
 
I normally plant Impatients in them but next year I might do something a little different.




 
 
Here is an annual I added to fill some empty space.
 
I love the black pot against the bright hot pink flowers.
 



And here some more annuals I planted in various pots to sit around the patio.





This pot has Creeping Jenny trailing down the side, and I do not know the name of the purple flower.
 
I bought it on a whim and forgot to keep the little tag that came with it, but I really like how it turned out!

 
 
 
 
 
 
It was cloudy the day I took this picture, but it gives you an idea of what my patio space is like.
 
I have been toying with the idea of adding an arbor/pergola or screened in patio out here, but for now, I am enjoying the openness.


and of course enjoying eating dinner on the patio table under the umbrella.



 
So there is my August update!
 
You can click HERE to see my Spring yard update....my how the yard has grown since then!
 
I love this time of the year for my yard and wish we had this kind of weather in KC all year long!

 

 

Pin It 


Jennifer











Linking Up to These Great Parties


The DIY'ers ButtonTuesday Garden Party Co-Hosts_header
From My Front Porch To Yours- Treasure Hunt ThursdaySay G'Day Saturday
 Lovely WrenPhotobucketThe Best Blog Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.