Monday, March 25, 2013

Birch Bark & Moss-French Bunny Picture


I was brainstorming on a cute idea for an Easter picture and decided to use the rest of my moss and some birch bark wrapping paper I bought a while back to create a mossy bunny picture for our foyer.







I used this birch bark wrapping paper I found on sale after Christmas along with this cute pink and gold crown print. I LOVED them both, and they were dirt cheap since they were part of the Christmas clearance so I got both! 

For this project though I am using the birch bark paper to achieve the look of old distressed wood.  



Start off by cutting out a piece of wrapping paper the size of your regular 81/2 x 11 piece of printer paper.




Run your paper thru your printer just as you normally would.....ours prints on the side facing down......





Here is the image right out of the printer.





Then I took a thrift store frame and hot glued moss around it.






While I did this I let the ink on the bunny print dry.





Then just insert the print into the frame as you normally would a picture.





And Voila! Instant Easter art with a natural touch.







You can find the bunny printable HERE.






This picture turned out so much better than I had expected so I had to share it with you.

I really like the thickness of this birch bark paper and it made it easy to get a woodsy look without having to distress real wood, but this project can be done with any paper or card stock of your choice.



Pin It




Hippity Hoppity Easter's On Its Way!!!!........


Jennifer






Linking Up to these Great Parties:


My Uncommon Slice of Suburbiacreativetuesdaybutton

If It's Not Baroque...
A Diamond in the Stuff
{Primp}
Adorned From AbovePhotobucket
http://decoratedchaos.blogspot.com/2013/03/spring-mantel.html
Photobucket
The Shabby Nest
Love of Family and Home




mop it up mondays
UndertheTableandDreamingSpring Thing Blog Hop 

27 comments:

  1. Love this!!! Very clever idea, and it turned out beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rhonda! I have never printed on wrapping paper before until now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing this and I'm pinning it to make next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the birchbark paper with the moss. the paper looks so realistic and suits the rustic look. This would look great with my Spring decor! Hmmm you have me thinking... wonder if there is scrapbook paper in a birchbark pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely Love this! Found you through Adorned From Above. I’ve pinned this to my DIY board. I am now following.
    Would love for you to share at the Creative Corner Hop a Monday blog hop that is open all week.
    Holly
    Holly's Stamping Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow-love it.
    Stopping in via Savvy Southern Style Wow Us Wednesdays.
    What a great idea and it looks so organic. I love adding texture to my home decor. Makes everything feel so welcoming.
    Thanks for sharing such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just adorable!!!!! I love the organic, natural look of this darling bunny picture! Thanks for sharing this at TUTORIALS TIPS AND TIDBITS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful project! It turned out so cute! Life to the full, Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jennifer,
    I love your bunny print!!!
    Amazing...your art work is perfect for the entire Spring Season!!!
    Thanks for sharing your creative talents!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this project! The bunny print and doing it on birch paper, so creative! New Follower!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so charming- and using the birch paper is so creative- I thought it was actually on wood at first glance!
    Love the rustic natural tones! must pin this :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that birch bark paper! I need to find some. Very cute project!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how fun and pretty. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it. I need to find some birch paper. New follower too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a great project. Happy easter.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks ladies! OH and if you can't find birch bark wrapping paper you can always use the scrap book paper. I have seen it in the past with birch bark print and it looks just as good as the wrapping paper.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So loving that bunny on the birch paper! What a great idea!
    I’m visiting from Show and Tell Saturday. I hope you can stop by my blog and leave a comment, too!
    ~ Megin of VMG206
    Spring JOY Frame ~ Printable

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this!
    It is beautiful!
    Featuring this tonight...
    Thanks for linking up this week!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super cute project. I think I need some birch paper.
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jennifer, this looks fantastic - very inspired - I will be featuring your post in this week's Home and Garden Thursday,
    I do appreciate you sharing,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Girl, you work miracles with the moss!!! I love this project so much!
    Carolyn
    http://www.ccmcafeeperspective.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. I absolutely love this! I saw you featured at Home and Garden Thursday. Happy to be a new follower. I have a link party, Share Your Cup Thursday. It's all about sharing what makes you happy. Would love if you shared some time!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is such an adorable picture! I just wanted to let you know that I'm one of the co-hosts from the Ginger Snap Craft Wow Me Wednesday party and that I'm featuring your wreath on my blog!

    Missy Inspired
    http://missyinspired.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the moss frame and the print is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Would you mind sharing what brand of wrapping paper this is? I am looking for some larger sheets of birch bark paper and can't find any near where I live. Thanks and beautiful blog!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.