Thursday, February 23, 2012

Restore ROCKS!

For those of you who already know about Habitat Restore just raise your hands and shout (woot woot!) for those of you unfamiliar with Habitat Restore, you can thank me later for introducing you! LOL :) Habit Restore is Habitat for Humanity's outlet basically which means they sell donated goods from contractors and the general public at a fraction of the retail price. What does that mean for us DIYers and crafters? That means WE get to buy doors, crown moulding, door knobs, tile, rugs/carpet, paint, you name it-at a major discount. Some of the materials are new and overstock, some are used, and some are antique in nature. When you walk into their store you get a feeling like you've gone to DIY heaven! LOL Below are some pics of materials I purchased to use in my upcoming projects.
Here is a bin full of spindles and I couldn't resist them so I bought two for my project! They had wood and iron spindles and I bought two wood and one iron.
Here is a pic of a lot of chairs for sale. They lowered the price to $10 so the chairs are dirt cheap which makes them the perfect candidates for a redo!
Need a lamp shade? They gotcha covered! Look at the stack of lampshades...and at $2.50?! I am still considering going back to get one.
And of course they have a section for lighting. There was such a good selection of lighting and it was going fast! They also carry cabinets, cabinet doors, cabinet hardware, countertops, and this time they had a load of upholstered head boards that appeared to be from a hotel liquidation. So if you are in the market for DIY/craft supplies, I encourage you to give the Habitat Restore a looking. All of your money that you spend goes back into the operation of Habitat for Humanity so you are not only helping others but you are also getting a great deal for yourself too......which in turn sparks your creativity....right?!?! :) -Jennifer

4 comments:

  1. Woot Woot!
    We have a restore... but it is NOTHING like that. You have the mother load store girl. Wow, it's like a candy store. So cool. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE ReStore! Last week I found a black granite vanity top complete with sink and Grohe faucets. Probably would have been $500+, they sold it to me for $100. Thanks for blogging about it, they do a great service to the community and most folks don't even know it's there!

    Laurel - SoPo Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for Sharing, Jenn. Where is this place?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, great deal on those shades. You just reminded me that I need to visit the ReStore in my area more often. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.