Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Addition to the Master Bedroom-Seagrass Basket

 
 
While I was out the other day with my BFF, I decided to run by Marshalls-one of my favorite discount stores, to see if I could find a good deal on some sea grass baskets. Normally when I go out SPECIFICALLY looking for a particular item I can not find it, but this day must have been my day because there it was.
 
A HUGE sea grass basket for $20 bucks! Woot woot!
 
 
Not only do I absolutely LOVE the coastal look of sea grass baskets and rugs,we also have a lot of quilts and blankets that I have collected over the years and they are stacked high in the spare bedroom and nowhere around when you need one.
 
So, I put an end to that real quick by organizing some of them in my new basket and keeping it in our bedroom next to my jewelry table.
 
 
Now the blankets and quilts are always there when we need one!
After all, I did BUY the darn things and would like to see them from time to time so I displayed them nicely in my new sea grass basket for all to see AND use!
 
 
If you aren't familiar with these baskets, let me fill you in on how much they can cost.
 
Here is a set from Restoration Hardware that range from $79-$199.
 
WAY out of MY budget considering I need more than just one!
 
 
Seagrass Baskets
Restoration Hardware
 
 
Then there is this beauty from West Elm. I love it. Love the shape and handles, BUT again, this XL size that holds blankets runs around $199 which is not how a thrifty girl like me shops!
 
Oversize Seagrass Basket
West Elm 
 
Then there is the poster child of sea grass baskets. This beauty from Pottery Barn. Yes, we all love it but the price is as high as the others, so as much as I would love to, I just can't!!!
 
Beachcomber High Rectangular
Pottery Barn
 
 
But there ARE cheaper options. You CAN achieve the same look without the price.
 
I scored my basket for $20 bucks and can buy TEN of them for the price of one designer brand!  
 
 
 
My basket has been dipped so the the bottom is white, which I liked better than the plain basket. I thought it had more of a beachy/cottagey look so I chose this one.
 
 
 
Here is an up close and personal view.
 
 





I just love my  new basket! It has really helped bring some organization to my collection of blankets and quilts that were once shoved behind closed doors of our spare bedroom.
 
Now they are proudly displayed in a beautiful new basket and ready to be used anytime!
 
If you  are like me and have collections of things you love stored away, I encourage you to do the same and get those pretties out for everyone to see and use!


I love my basket and its a reminder to me that you don't have to compromise on style when you are decorating on a budget.
 Pin It
 
Several discount stores sell these marked down to a fraction of what the high end retailers sell them for.  (and I was not compensated for mentioning Marshalls....just thought you all would like to know where I found the basket).
 
 
 
P.S. Over this next week I will be sharing more sea grass decor ideas so stayed tuned for more gorgeous sea grass looks!
 

 
Have a fabulous day!
 
 
Jennifer
 



Linking Up to These Great Parties:




Centerpiece Wednesdays ButtonDIY Show OffMonday Funday Link PartyBy Stephanie Lynn
Classy Clutter
twelveOeightmop it up mondays
The Dedicated House
 
 
 
http://www.createcraftlove.com/2013/05/keep-calm-and-link-up-39.html
 

15 comments:

  1. Love Marshalls! Love the basket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great basket! Life to the full! Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your seagrass basket idea! I am new follower from southern charm. I would love for you to stop by and visit my blog and hopefully follow me back! Have a great day Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jennifer, Great basket, you are my kinda shopper, Love Marshall's too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i pick up fabulous seagrass baskets at world market and the prices are pretty reasonable...i painted the bottom half of two baskets last year that look a lot like the one you bought...here's the link if you'd like to see mine:

    http://gracioussouthernliving.blogspot.com/2012/03/painted-baskets.html

    if you can't click on it just go to the march 3/16/12 post)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great basket! Painting the bottom was a wonderful idea. Our Simply Create Link party is going on right now. I would love to have you link up, as I'm sure my followers would like to see what you created too. Hope to see you soon!

    Melissa
    redflycreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You scored! Love the basket...thanks for linking up to centerpiece Wednesday.
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought one just like it... huge at TJ Maxx for $12.99! Bargain!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with you! I just couldn't pay $199. I love your basket for $20! It looks so pretty holding the blankets. It would be great to store extra sofa pillows. I need one!

    Peace,
    Linda at The French Hens Nest

    ReplyDelete
  10. A VERY pretty basket, wish I would happen across one like that!
    Krista @thehappyhousie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love seagrass baskets and yours look so pretty! I would love if you link it to the party. It is live now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Squeel! Wishing there were a Marshalls mear me! Such a fantastic deal! Looks amazing, I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, how I love getting things at deep discount! Frugality rocks!! I love this basket just because it is different with the white color. Really makes it unique. Thanks for showing what these normally cost at different retailers because sometimes frugal me will see something at TJMaxx and think it's a bit high. Good to know!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing at the Keep Calm party! I love Marshall's too, and Ross, and TJ Maxx...and your basket! =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. For a well constructed in good shape basket like yours $20 is a steal. They are really expensive as your pics showed. The white on the bottom portion gives it a great look. Love the quilts you have in your basket, great way to have them available.
    I got a sea grass picnic basket recently at Goodwill for $5.99 with 15% off sr. discount so I'm not complaining. Deciding if I'm going to paint it. Can't leave things be as they come. I'm really into coral and aqua lately so think that's what it's going to get via spray paint. I even got a Valspar deep aqua spray paint at Lowes for $3.98 in their reject area. Gotta love that. Now to find some coral. I'm a new subscriber.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.