Saturday, April 27, 2013

Seagrass Tablescape

 
Sheeww! What a crazy week I had last week! I got extremely sick with an upper respiratory infection and have been on antibiotics for a week and I'm just now getting back into the swing of things.
 
So where were we before I got sick....oh yeah, I was totally inspired by my sea grass basket that I wanted to share with you more sea grass decor.
 
I just love the look of natural elements like jute, wicker, and sea grass, because they are elements that give a coastal or cottage feel to your space, and I'm a sucker for the coastal/cottage look!
 
Here is a little table scape I put together with some fresh flowers, my new blue mason jar and a few birds I have had  for a while.
 
 
I grouped it all together inside this sea grass basket I found at a thrift store and created a Springy vignette on the coffee table.
 
Sea grass baskets can be pricey so don't forget to check your local thrift stores for them too. I have found several really nice baskets for a fraction of the price at thrift stores and garage sales.
 
Just check to make sure the sea grass is clean and still tightly woven before you buy.

 
I love the pop of the blue glass against the natural backdrop of the sea grass basket.
 
I can't wait to change this out with the seasons. These baskets are so versatile that you can use them anywhere in your home all throughout the year, and thrifty chicks like me love getting full use out of our decor!

 
If you missed my last post on sea grass baskets, you can find it HERE.
 
 
 
My upcoming post is a designer inspired post and I'm super excited to share it with you, so stayed tuned for more sea grass looks this week as I'm finally feeling better and picking back up on my projects.
 
 
Have a wonderful day!
 
 
Jennifer
 
 


 Pin It
 
 
Linking Up to These Great Parties:
 
 
 
Sunday                          is the day to shareI Heart Nap TimeLife on Lakeshore Drive
 By Stephanie LynnThe Dedicated House
Creative Cain Cabin




creativetuesdaybuttonMy Uncommon Slice of Suburbia





Linky Parties





Adorned From Above Blog HopHouse on the WayYour Whims Wednesday{Primp}Vintage On A Dime



Our Home Away From HomeEmbracing Change StoneGable52 Mantels

Ivy and ElephantsThe Weekly Creative Link Party Bannerlivelaughlinky 250x250PhotobucketFrench Country Cottage

http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/2013/05/fabulously-creative-friday-linky-party.html?showComment=1367541079671#c6848424691694061973

 The Shabby Nest<br><br><br><b>Join us every Friday...</b>Natasha In Oz




http://www.createcraftlove.com/2013/05/keep-calm-and-link-up-39.html
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

18 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better. Love your vignette.

    Great to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a basket just like yours and I love it! It adds such great texture to an area!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the basket and the blue jar makes the vignette pop. Thanks for sharing at the Cabin:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love your basket! Beautiful vignette! Please, come share at the party if you have time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so pretty. I love trays and baskets for the seashells I collect! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your basket, so pretty and what a lovely vignette. I would love for you to link up to my Inspire Me party that is ongoing.

    http://www.astrollthrulife.net/2013/04/162nd-inspire-me-tuesday.html

    Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOTS of baskets but I don't own one of those. Really a pretty basket AND I LOVE using the blue Mason jar! CUTE, CUTE, CUTE! :)
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your basket and the blue jar. What a lovely vignette. I am your newest GFC.

    Have a wonderful week,
    Bev
    @ Eclectic Red Barn

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the tray. So pretty I need to look for one like that. Thanks so much for sharing with Wednesday's Adorned From Above.
    Have a great week.
    Debi and Charly

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to hear you've been sick Jennifer. Think you might have had what's been all over the blasted country. Who spreads that stuff? Yuk.
    I know cause I had it for 3 weeks. I tend to get viruses like that worse as I have asthma, yuk. I didn't go to doc.
    I sure love your sea grass basket/tray. It is such a nice one,in such wonderful condition, lucky you. I love baskets but especially sea grass, it's just a different texture and look. Love to get some goodies rounded up and put them in a basket of some kind for a new arrangement. Gives me a pick up, keeps me from getting bored. Shop the house/shed. Happy days

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the sea grass tray. Thanks for sharing.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your tray/basket! Super adorable cute!!!

    Keep ‘em coming… :)

    hugs xx
    Crystelle
    Crystelle Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  13. You styled the sea grass basket in a lovely way with the blue glass and the bird. Those baskets are very versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love trays... and baskets... love that this piece is a little of both. You will get a ton of use out of it. Thanks so much for sharing on Project Inspire{d}!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Jennifer,

    I love your sea basket!
    The blue ball jar is beautiful
    and looks wonderful with the
    birds.

    Have a great weekend

    Bear Hugs,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks great! I love the blue jar. Do you remember where you got the "Home, the perfect nest" sign? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so sweet. Love the tray, the sign and the birds - go beautifully together. I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cute! I love seagrass and have baskets made with it all over the house. Thanks so much for linking them up to the Pinworthy Projects Party!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.