Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Five Fall Favorites to Try


 
 
Fall is finally in the air around here in the Mid-West. The temps have dropped, the trees are starting to show signs of turning, and it has been damp and rainy for the past couple days. 
 
It was rough saying good-bye to Summer but Fall is such a beautiful season and I am excited to break out my jeans, boots and sweaters over the next few weeks, create a fire in the fire pit, and enjoy all that Fall has to offer!
 
So far, I am proud to say that I already kicked off the Fall season with my Fall wreath that you can read about HERE if you missed it, and to continue the Fall spirit, I want to share with you some of my favorite Fall projects that I found on Pinterest and blog land.......most of which I plan on trying sometime soon!

 
 
 
Number one.........
 
these ADORABLE handmade pumpkin soaps from Jenn at Clean & Scentsible.
 
I discovered these soaps last Fall and have had them on my mind ever since!
 
Clean & Scentsible: Pumpkin Soap
 
Number Two.........
the very famous hand painted sign by Kristin at Ella Claire.

This sign is so festive and catches all the elements of fall with the colors, distressing, and wording of pumpkins, apples, and hayrides.  

Swing by Ella Claire and see how Kristin created this one of a kind sign.
Hayride sign...perfect for the fall and its an easy DIY!
Number three.............
 
acorn basket by BHG.
 
There is nothing better than Fall decor made from Mother Nature herself!
 
This is gorgeous! (and free for those of you who have a lot of acorns lying around) :)
30 Beautiful Thanksgiving Centerpiece Ideas
 
Number four........
Yay for burlap! Fall is not complete without burlap and this monogrammed burlap flag is perfect in every way.
So cute, yet rustic and simple. I love it and want to make my own version sometime soon.
 
This awesome project was done by Rugged Life.
Personalized Burlap Flag with Burlap Bow- Double Sided
 
 
Number five............
one of my favorite Fall and Winter accessories-the scarf.
 
This scarf is better than the rest because it is made out of an old T-shirt!
 
My Blessed Life shows you step by step how to make this, along with 9 other scarves.
 
 DIY SCARF by herndonjessica

If I had no other obligations I could stay home all day having fun creating and decorating, but real life kinda gets in the way of that sometimes, so I narrowed it down to my top FIVE projects so it wasn't so overwhelming.
 
 
I hope you are enjoying the season change in your neck of the woods and feel inspired to do a little decorating or tackle a craft project, or two!
 
 
Have a wonderful day!
 
Jennifer



Linking Up to:
 
 DIY Show OffMonday2 Make the Scene Monday #93
The Dedicated HouseGive Me the Goods Monday64170_4719850152887_625893102_n
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.