Friday, September 6, 2013

Fall Wreath

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 It all started with these:
 
 
 
The boxwoods on the side of our  house.
 
They love the sun that this space provides and we trim them every year to the point where we have about a large trash bag full of clippings.
 
 
Boxwoods are beautiful and I couldn't stand to just throw all those clippings out (thrifty me) so I kept a stash of the clippings and let them dry naturally.
 
 
 
Once they dried completely I decided they would look great as a filler for my Fall flower basket that I displayed last year on the front door.
 
 
 
And thrifty me decided to use them AGAIN this year....talk about being resourceful! LOL
 
 
 
 
 
  
But as I browse thru Pinterest and blogland I see many of you starting to decorate for fall I find that I am hesitant to say good-bye to Summer, and am resisting the urge to change out my decor until after Labor Day.
 
Now here we are and I finally did it!
 
I finally took down the Summer wreaths of creamy whites and coastal hues like turquoise and aqua, and replaced them with my fall creations containing warmer tones like yellow, brown, and rusty orange.
 
 
Once I started making my wreath and the Fall creative juices got flowing, it started to get a little easier, but saying good-bye to Summer is never that easy for me since I love hot weather, the pool, and sporting my flip flops.
 
Oh, and speaking of the flip flops.....I fight it till the END baby!
 
I wear flip flops with jeans- sometimes in October until we get our first frost, so I haven't fully crossed over until the flip flops get packed away for the Winter! :)
 
But as for my decor, the transition has begun!
 
Below is my latest LOVE....black and white  hounds tooth...which you will see more of later this week.
 
 
 
 
Check back soon for tips on how to create a quality wreath for any occasion,
and I am also posting a tutorial for you with step by step instructions on making these pretty bows like the one above that you can use on your wreaths, gift bags, etc.
 
So it will be a fun week of Fall themed projects here at Decorated Chaos as get my Fall Spirit on!
 
 
Lets just say next week is Spirit Week! :)
 
 
 
 Pin It
 
Jennifer 
 
 
 
 
 
Linking up to these great parties:
PPPbutton2tpsidebarbutton
 
The Shabby Nest Love of Family & HomeDIY blog Classy ClutterTitiCrafty by Camila
The Dedicated HouseMonday2 Make the Scene Monday #91
DIY Show OffThree Mango SeedsScattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom64170_4719850152887_625893102_nMy Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Read more at http://diyshowoff.com/buttons/#GBlG5FW87XVUjX8i.99
Centerpiece Wednesdays ButtonGlitter, Glue & PaintShabbilicious FridayMade in a DayFunky_Junk's_Party_Junk_link_party_150

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.