Thursday, December 5, 2013

Oh Deer. Having a Christmas Mantel Dilemma


 
 
Just like everyone else, I am drawn to the deer figurines and silhouettes  seen all over the home décor world.
 
As I began to decorate for Christmas last week I found that I was torn.
 
 
 


I loved how the deer tied in nicely with all of the naturals like the tall burlap and pine tree and berry and pinecone wreath,

 
 
but I did not like their brown color and felt they should be silver or white.

 
 
Here is an up close and personal view of one of the deer.
 
 
I bought them as a set of two last year at Costco and I'm torn on whether or not to paint them.
 
Do you have any suggestions?
 
Here is an example of what I am envisioning........
 
 
My deer look similar to this without the candles
 
  Grand Bronze Reindeer Pillar Holder
Pottery Barn
 
 
 
But I'm thinking something like this would go better with my décor-
I really like the silver...
 
 
http://www.thedecoratingduchess.com/2012/12/christmas-decorations-at-mason-marcus.html
Decorating Duchess





Or something like this in bright white.
 
 o hol2011_12_10_3140
 Bungalow Blog
 


So I kind of stopped in my tracks with my mantel and have been staring at it for the past few days as I contemplate which look I am aiming for.  
 
 
 
Do you have any suggestions?
 
 
 
Tell me this......do you like the deer in the dark brown/black finish or silver or white?
 
 
 
 
I am torn!
 
 
 
 
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.