Thursday, July 17, 2014

I've Been Dreaming Again......About a New Bed!

Sheeww, what a busy week it has been! Sorry to have not posted in a while but this Summer is flying by and I'm trying to juggle multiple DIY projects, work of course, and all the fun Summer activities I love to do but I wanted to update you on something that has been on my mind lately.

I have been dreaming about a new bed!
 
Of course my inner thrifty chick DIY'er wants to make my own headboard, while the other side of my brain argues that there are WAY too many other projects I have in the fire and that I should just break down and buy myself a new bed.

For now, until the battle comes to an end, I just daydream about this bed from Birch Lane.


http://www.birchlane.com/Birch-Lane-Regis-Metal-Bed-BL3597.html
 Birch Lane Regis Metal Bed
Pin It

I know, gorgeous right? I love this bed for so many reasons.

  1. It comes in an Oil Rubbed Bronze finish that coordinates nicely with the colors of my bedroom
  2. It is versatile and will look good with any bedding that I chose.
  3. It is metal so it is easy to keep clean and will require very little, if any, dusting or upkeep.
  4. The design of the metal bars on the headboard and footboard provide an open and airy feel so that the bed does not hog up all the open space in my bedroom.
  5. And last but not least can you believe that JCP also sells a similar bed.....it actually looks like the exact same bed.
 And the price is a couple hundred less at JCP, so this would keep my inner Thrifty Chick happy if I could get the look for less too!

http://www.jcpenney.com/for-the-home/sale/view-all/jacob-metal-bed-or-headboard/prod.jump?ppId=1c41324&searchTerm=metal+bed&catId=SearchResults&colorizedImg=DP0123201417051351M.tif
 JCP Jacob Metal Bed
Pin It 
 
Here are some more beds that also caught my eye:
 
This bed is awesome because it has built in storage AND I can STILL slide stuff under the bed too for storage so it would add some much needed storage space to my bed room!
 
 
http://www.birchlane.com/Birch-Lane-Tilton-Panel-Bed-with-Storage-BL3931.html
Birch Lane Tilton Bed With Storage
 Pin It
 
 
 
And you all should know by now how I love Sea grass décor so of course I couldn't resist this bed!
 
(You can check out my DIY sea grass candle holders HERE).
 

Pin It 
 
I think it would coordinate nicely with the overall style of my home and you can purchase just the headboard too, so I wouldn't have to get the entire base
(which costs more and I'm not sure I really like
the base part anyway).
 
So as you can see, I have a huge decision to make sometime in the near future.
 
Until then I just sit and dream about each of them and how they would look in my room.
 
Of course if I were to make my own bed I would more than likely only make the headboard and I am thinking of following Anna White's instructions for making this one like Upcycle Addict made.
 
http://www.upcycleaddict.com/2014/07/i-built-my-son-bed-oh-yeah.html

 
Theirs turned out nicely and I'm thinking this would be a good weekend DIY for me.
 
I would make just the headboard only and I would stain it a dark brown/ORB color.
 
 
So there ya have it.
 
No decisions made at this time.
 
Just day dreaming and wishing upon stars at the moment.
 
I would love to hear your thoughts about my selections.
 
Are you particularly drawn towards any of them that I picked out?
 
 
Have a wonderful day!
 
Jennifer
 
 



Linking Up to these Great Parties:


Liz Marie Blog
 
<br><br><br><b>Join us every Friday...</b> JUNKINLOGO2211111The 36th Avenue
 
The Shabby Nest Say G'Day Saturday
Marvelous Monday Linky PartyIn and Out of the Kitchen Link PartyBlog Hop Blank 5 bannerBy Stephanie LynnBewitch Me & Titi Link PartyMonday Funday Link Party 10308754_10203781373763465_7536899127074402936_n
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.