Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Pink and Gold Glam Foot Stool Makeover

Pink and Gold
 
 Pin It
A llloonnnggg time ago I found this little foot stool at a thrift store. It had great bones and just needed a little TLC...and a vision.
 

 
 
So first things first, I had to remove the ugly stained fabric....
 



 
 
And the dull brass tacks.









Once she was stripped down to her bare bones I could then build her back up with her new look.





The cream color was a bit dull and needed some zing
 (like that word? ...zing.)
 
So I chose a metallic gold paint to add some sparkle to this glamor girl, but not be overpowering.



 
This stuff is awesome!
It adds a subtle metallic look and is perfect for small projects like this.
Normally I don't paint with metallic paint 
(had bad experiences with the metallic spray paints) but this time I decided to give it a try and I love how it turned out.



 
I simply dry brushed it on for a light sheer coverage.

 

 


 
And the paint went perfectly with this fabric I stumbled across at Hoblob!



And I used upholstery tacks to secure it to the bench.










 




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It was a bit difficult to line up the tacks and I had to redo some of them but once I got going it all went a lot smoother.
 
 
 
Pin It 
So now she's glam and fabulous!
 
I love this pink fabric and how it looks with the metallic gold paint.

 
Pin It
 
Here is the before and after:
 
 
Much better!
 
 
 
 
Jennifer
 
 
 
Linking Up To:
Treasure Hunt ThursdayFurniture Feature FridaysThe Shabby NestJUNKINLOGO2211111121ftf hop headerDwellings-the Heart of You Home Rustic and Refined Marvelous Monday Linky PartyPhotobucket
Treasure Box Tuesday 11 Magnolia Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.