Sunday, February 1, 2015

New Bed.........Did You Guess Correctly?


So a while back you may remember this post where I was day dreaming about a new bed.
 
I had moved back to the cape cod and needed some new furniture, and this is what I started with:
 
 
 
It is not a terrible space that needs an over haul, but it is definitely a space lacking style and function!
 
Luckily there are several good aspects to this space that I can work with.
 
  • The wood trim: My upstairs bedrooms have dark trim...I think a cherry stain. Over the years I have tossed around the idea of sanding and painting the trim white to match the downstairs trim, but even though I love white trim I can't get myself to paint over such nicely done wood work, AND I like the variety of having the darker stain upstairs.
  • The wall color:  I love the wall color. I painted the bedroom a few years back before I began blogging, and chose this blue color that I took back to have darkened so its a custom color and I really like it.
  • The carpet: The carpeting in my bedroom is a nice neutral cream/beige color. I would prefer  a shaggier carpet or to pull it up and just have the hard wood floors exposed and buy a new rug to go under the bed. All of that sounds like it would be beautiful but I really like the softness and warmth the carpeting adds to a bedroom, so for now it stays.
  • The ceilings and lighting: Ok, so once again I have popcorn ceilings in this room. (sigh) If  you have been following along you know that I am in the process of knocking down the popcorn ceiling in my office/mudroom, (big reveal coming soon)and this girl can only handle one popcorn project at a time! As for the lighting, I like the chandelier but wouldn't mind updating it with a new one.  
 
 
For now I needed a new bed, some new bedding, and a new cabinet or shelf for extra storage/organization, and new window treatments.
 
 
The chocolate brown duvet cover and curtains are a bit too dark for the look I am going for now so its time they go!
 
And I am happy to announce that I finally picked out a bed and here she is:
 
  
 
 
Pin It

She's the Birch Lane copy cat from Overstock.com!
 
Here is the Birch Lane bed and here is mine from Overstock.com.
 
When you compare the two they are almost identical.
 
I love my new bed and can't wait to start shopping for bedding and window treatments soon!
 
 
So did you guess correctly?
Was this the bed you thought I would pick out?
 
What do you think about my space so far?
 
 
 
Jennifer
 
 
 
 
 
Linked Up To:
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.