Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Thrifty Spring Centerpiece

 
 
Pin It 


Whenever I shop at the thrift stores I always like to swing by the home décor section that contains the miscellaneous baskets, containers, and floral.
 
 


 
 
 
 
When I found a floral bunch of pink peonies I had to have them.
 
They were in perfect shape and looked so real.
 
 




 
 
 
I also stumbled upon this glass jug too and I thought together they would make the perfect arrangement for my dining room.
 
 
To add a contrast I grabbed three or four sprigs of this very pretty greenery from PierOne.
 
They are fuzzy and light green kind of like lambs ear, and I knew they would add a softness to my floral arrangement so I had to have them too!
 
 
 


The pop of bright pink against the soft green look great together in my gray dining room.


 
Pin It
 
I have made several changes to this room over the past year but it took me forever to find something for my table.
 
I wanted a pretty centerpiece that didn't overtake the room but yet I wanted it to be somewhat substantial and could stand alone because I did not want a lot of clutter on the table.
 
So after finding the bunch of faux pink penoies at the GW, I knew I was on to something, and I love how it all turned out!
 
 
You can read amore about my dining room progress in these posts:
 
Dining color transformation HERE
Dining room table makeover and tutorial HERE
More details about the rug and slipcovers HERE
 
 
I am enjoying this Spring centerpiece while I can and am actually thinking about leaving it here until I change it out in the Fall.
 
 
Before spending a lot of money on retail store floral, don't forget to check your local thrift stores.
You never know what you will find!
 
 
 
Jennifer





Linking Up To These Great Parties:

H&GT BUTTON FALLPhotobucketMarvelous Monday Linky Party
 

The Bajan TexanThe Dedicated HousePhotobucketThe Dedicated House
Savvy Southern Style

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.