Sunday, May 10, 2015

Staircase Makeover Progress (Phase II)

 
Well, well, well. Here we are after about three weeks now, and the staircase project is still in the works but I am happy to report that it is not completely stalled. The wheels ARE really in motion but they're just a little slow right now.  
 
We have had a lot of rain...I mean A LOT.
 
So much rain that the ground just can't soak up anymore.
Here is living proof....it is the standing water in my back yard. YIKES!
 
 
The silver lining to this cloud is that I have a working sump pump AND all the rainy days have given me an opportunity to continue working inside on the staircase.
 
 
I pulled off the carpeting two steps at a time.
That seemed to be a good chunk to work with at one time. Anything more than two steps worth was too heavy and bulky to work with so I worked two at a time.
 
 
 


Pulling.....




And cutting............

 
 
 




And chiseling...........

 






And prying...........








Until I finally made it to the top!!!!!

 


 
 
 
 
But uh oh. I had come to a crossroad. What do I do now???
 
Do I take up the carpeting in the hallway?
 
Or leave it? Decisions, decisions.
 
..............Well, of COURSE I pulled it up too!!!!
 
 



And it was no surprise that I found stains. These stains confirmed my decision to rip up the carpeting in the hallway.





 
I pulled up the carpeting then pulled up the padding and revealed a charming hardwood floor landing.
 
Yay!





 
And here we are at the end of Phase II with the carpeting, padding, and nail tacks removed.




Pin It 

So here we are: demo pretty much done, popcorn ceilings scraped in the hallway, and paint swatches displayed proudly while I overanalyze pick out my color choices. 

My back is sore, muscles ache, and I'm dying for a manicure!!!! LOL :)

But we're moving on. Forging forward with our plan, and I can't wait until its all nice and pretty and worthy of a big reveal!!!!



You can see Phase I by going HERE.




Have a great week and stay dry!

Jennifer



 
Linking Up to These Great Parties:


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.