Sunday, August 7, 2011

Late summer decorating-


So it was the first week of August and time to change THE table from 4th of July to late summer style and I remembered that I had a butterfly plate that I bought at Cameron's Home Furnishings in Lees Summit, MO back in the spring. I really loved the look of it, but because it had so much rust and brown/black tones in it I felt it should be shown in late summer early fall when those colors are more prevalant in our landscape.  I also wanted my decor to last thru October when I start decorating for fall, so I chose to use this plate now, in late summer and play off of the plate's rusty brown and cream colors to create my collage. I already had the plate stand, galvanized metal vase, lamp, and basekts, but I added thrift store flowers and thrift store mini bucket for the reed disfuser I snagged on a clearance, and the clearance candle holder below. The only thing I paid full retail for was the butterfly plate. I love using what I already have to save money! The one table can take on so many looks just by changing out your accessories.