Saturday, October 20, 2012

Bittersweet Door Bucket

 
 
This weekend my Mom and I spent time together and made our annual trip to Baldwin, KS, for the Maple Leaf Festival. It is a huge Fall festival that starts with a parade and goes on for a couple days. There are food vendors, crafters, entertainment by local schools and bands. We really love going this festival and since it is about 30 minutes outside of the city we make a day of it every Fall...which gives my Mom and I time to spend quality time together.
 
As you all know by my post about bittersweet, I love it and use it to decorate every fall. There is just something about the orange berries I love!
 
I told you in my post that I had planned on getting some, and I was finally about to get my hands on it! I picked some up at the Maple Leaf festival and was able to complete some of the vignettes I had started. 
 
 
 
Here are a few picks of how this started. I used this metal basket that I found at the thrift store this Summer. Dull and boring, huh?
 
Yeah, that's what I thought, but with a coat of white spray paint, some bittersweet and a burlap ribbon, it is now worthy of show.
 
 
 
Here it is on the front porch with some pumpkins. The orange pumpkin is sitting in a plant stand that I got at guess where????? the thrift store! That's right! And the white pumpkin is a plastic pumpkin I bought at the festival this weekend. I may do a decorating treatment to it....haven't decided yet. I kind of like it the way that it is though.
 
 
Here is a closer view.
 




And here it is inside leaning up against the fireplace screen. You can see my full mantel here, and read more about the fireplace screen too.  

 
 

 


Here is the before and after.
 
Pin It
I can honestly say this time, WHITE was the perfect color! I often times pick black or oil rubbed broze but this time white was the right choice!

 
Jennifer

Linking up to these fun parties:

Photobucket





 
 



Blogfest Favorite
DIY Show Off
UndertheTableandDreaming
http://betweennapsontheporch.net/homezada-organize-manage-your-home/
The Inspired Room



Vintage On A Dime



At the Picket Fence Thanksgiving Linky Party:
http://www.atthepicketfence.com/2012/10/corn-husk-flower-napkin-ring.html


http://lavendergardencottage.blogspot.com/2012/10/cottage-style-linky-part-16.htmlGrab a Bloom Button
Creations by Kara

Photobuckethttp://www.craftberrybush.com/2012/10/happy-hour-linky-party-7.html


http://westernwarmth.blogspot.com/2012/10/weekend-warmth-7.html
House on the WayPrimp_Your_Pumpkin_Button_II
Made in a Day
The Shabby Nest