Sunday, September 11, 2011

LOVIN the fall colors!

Summer is over, but its too early for me to put out Halloween decor so I started taking down the summer stuff and revamping the house with colors of fall. I really love the organe, green, and dark red colors so I decided redo the centerpiece on the dining room table with those colors.

I started with a base-which I chose layered fabric. I used two fabric cream colored place mats and pinned them together with a safety pin to achieve a "table runner" look.

I then centered a round green and white toile placemat, added an iron serving tray and a green vase for the floral arrangement.

I gathered up all the orange, yellow, and green floral stems I had (which happen to be floral that I got on sale at Pier One several years ago), then started added the floral stems to the vase until I achieved the look I was going for.

I shoved spanish moss in between the flowers to hide the gaps and give some texture.



After that I added some accessories and voila! Early fall table setting! :)

NOTE: decorating for fall my cause your hubby to insist you do some fall organizing and clean out your "supply" room (aka junk roon).

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer!

    Fun stopping by and enjoyed reading your posts. Nice getting to know you a bit :) I think your cape cod house is beautiful! A sweet, sweet exterior and I wouldn't change a thing with the bushes.

    Kindly, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for you sweet comment on my blog! Hope you have an incredible 2012!

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.