Thursday, April 23, 2015

Going For it! Staircase Makeover (Phase I)

 
Here we are just past the middle of April and I'm starting on my next indoor project so I can get it done before Summer starts!
 
 


When I bought my house I was ok with having carpet on the staircase. It was in good shape and added softness and warmth, so I was ok with it.
 
Then I got a dog.
Then she tracked mud on the carpet.
Then a drink was spilled during a get together.
 And now nine years later its looking a bit dated.
 
I am ready for a change, but I wasn't sure what was under the carpet and didn't want to mess with a costly upgrade should the stairs need to be replaced so I have been hesitant to get this project started.



 
But my curiosity was peaked and I decided to pull up the carpet on the bottom stair-just to check it out...........and I am happy to report an oak staircase under the carpeting. It actually looks like these are the original stairs to the house. Yay! 1940s oak in great shape too. Woot! Woot!
 



You can see my attempt to try a new paint color on the wall too. LOL :)
 
Let's just say there's going to be a lot of changes to this space.
 
It is the first thing you see when you open the front door so I want it to be welcoming and set the tone for how the rest of the house will look.



 
If you have never tackled a project like this, let me just tell you that there are a MILLION staples and nail tack strips you have to remove.
 
That's the hardest part of this whole project!
 
 
I am so happy that I have an oak staircase to work with....it makes this job so much easier.
 
So this weekend I will be busy pulling staples, staining, and removing the rest of the carpet. We are supposed to get rain on Saturday so I'm ok with working inside.
 
 
 
I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
 
 
Jennifer
 
 
 
 
Linking Up to These Great Parties:
 
 
 
 
Monday Funday Link PartyThe Chicken ChickMarvelous Monday Linky PartyBy Stephanie LynnThe Dedicated House
 
 PI 8pmYesterfoodDwellings-the Heart of You HomeThe Bajan TexanThursday Favorite Things ButtonWeekly Blog Link Up Party- Treasure Hunt Thursday- From My Front Porch To Yourshttp://www.thethriftyhome.comYour Turn to Shine Link Party....Thursdays at 6AM EST | Hosted by anderson + grant, Bless'er House, Canary Street Craft, Joy in Our Home, and Meet the B'sweekend retreat link party collage 117The Shabby Nest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.