Sunday, December 6, 2015

Cottage Christmas Mantel


Every year I decorate my mantel for Christmas.

This mantel of mine has been the victim of my indecisiveness! LOL The poor thing has adorned several different Christmas décor themes over the years...I swear I have almost every type of Christmas décor one could imagine!

There is the collection of snowmen, reindeer, Santa, red, white, green, silver, and gold......and the list goes on and on.

I have always loved decorating for Christmas, even before I was a homeowner living in an apartment; I would still put up a tree and decorate.


Pin It

Sometimes I purchased new things and other times I made my own décor like this JOY sign above but I never missed a Christmas.



Back then I had a much smaller space to manage so I would put up a tree and decorate every room including the bathroom and kitchen.

I had special flannel sheets for the winter, and I would carry my Christmas décor into every room with cinnamon apple candles so that Christmas was all around me.



Fast forward to current day even though I am a home décor blogger, I have to admit I have slacked in some areas. Now that I have a dog, a house, and more space to manage I have cut back some of the things I used to do.

I still decorate no matter what but it seems like the season goes by so fast and by the time I put it up it is time to take it down so I stick to decorating my main living spaces, which is where I spend most of my time anyway.

So this year I went a much simpler route.....

I adorned my mantel with this red berries and garland.


I kept it simple with a Cottage Christmas theme.

The star of course is the star of the show, but she is not alone.

The two large mercury glass hurricanes turned into vases hold branches of frosted pine, and the reindeer proudly holds his spot for all to see.




The lighted rustic monogram shines brightly alongside the warm vanilla candle in a red glass lantern.




And while you're feeling festive you can relax and cuddle up by the fire.



The simple joys of Christmas like entertaining family and friends while we light a fire and sip hot cocoa.

Nothing fussy just the pleasures of a cozy cottage Christmas.




Pin It

Have a wonderful week!

Jennifer







Linking Up to These Great Parties:





Days of Chalk and ChocolateMonday Funday Link PartyMerry-Monday-Link-Party-300x300Dwellings-the Heart of You Home


”My

Wordless Wednesday HopYour Whims WednesdayThe Bajan TexanWeekly Blog Link Up Party-Treasure Hunt Thursday- From My Front Porch To YoursCreate • Share • InspirePhotobucketIvy and ElephantsPhotobucketThe Dedicated House

image not displayed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.