Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Repurposed Ceiling Medallion Wreath




Pin It

I found this ceiling medallion about a year ago at my local Restore for four dollars.

As I was brainstorming on new Christmas décor I remembered I had this ceiling medallion and knew it would make a great wreath.

After all, the filigree designs were PERFECT for the look of leaves or flowers so I decided instead of buying another wreath I would use what I have and up cycle this ceiling medallion into a new wreath.








In an effort to use what I already have on hand, I decided to go with a traditional green wreath and painted it with DecoArt chalk paint in a green color called Enchanted.

{LOVE} this color!


 


Due to all the grooves and little nooks I had to paint, I simply used a cheap sponge brush to get into all those tiny spaces.





I brushed it on then dabbed it into those tricky spots in order to get full coverage.




 


Once it was dry I added a plaid bow and voila!

Instant charm!

..And oh so unique.








Pin It



And because this is plastic it can be painted with exterior paint and be put OUTSIDE on your front door too.
Woot woot!

Chances are you too have gorgeous holiday décor right under your fingertips.

So with a little imagination and almost no money spent, I now have a new Christmas wreath.

Coming up soon I will be revealing my Christmas mantel, but I couldn't wait to share this project with you first!

I hope you liked it!



Jennifer


*I received free paint from DecoArt for this project.


Linking Up to These Great Parties:


What did you makeThe Bajan TexanYour Whims Wednesday
Join Me for Share Your CupSavvy Southern StyleWEEKEND RETREAT LINK PARTY new buttonGrace at HomeThursday Favorite Things ButtonWeekly Blog Link Up Party- Treasure Hunt Thursday-From My Front Porch To YoursCreate • Share • InspireThe Girl CreativePinterest Board Snickerdoodle SundayDwellings-the Heart of You Home1476630_717039891639617_1923549182_n (2)Merry-Monday-Link-Party-300x300


Ivy and ElephantsPhotobucketGIVEAWAY Ends 12/17http://madeinaday.com/2015/12/12/blogmas-extravaganza-linky-party-recipes-edition/



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.