Monday, January 4, 2016

New Year and New Look for the Living Room


Happy New Year everyone! You haven't heard a peep out of me since right before Christmas, but I am back now and gearing up for a new blog year filled with creative home décor and DIY plans as well as some ideas for personal growth.

One of my goals for 2016 is to update my blog layout and expand my audience over more social media sites. I am proud to say that I already started working on these things but in the mean time, before my new blog layout is complete, I want to let you know that I am now on Instagram and Twitter.
Woot woot!
 I am excited to finally announce there are two more ways to follow along with me at
Decorated Chaos.

Some of you have already started following me on IG and Twitter but if you haven't, then lets connect!
I post different things on each of my social media sites so don't worry.....you will always get fresh content from me.

Now, lets transition into the what lies ahead for 2016.
Just as I mentioned above I plan on making some updates to my blog layout and signing up for IG and Twitter, and I have a list of home projects to share with you as well.

After all, that is my purpose here....to meet new friends and share my journey as a homeowner who is passionate about making everyday chaotic life beautiful one DIY project at a time, so of COURSE there will be new projects.

In fact, I already got a head start on my January goals by changing things up in the living room with a new paint color.

The paint color has been the same for the past 10 years.
Don't get me wrong, I loved how it looked but it was getting stale and needed an update so I have already started painting.

Here is a sneak peek:





That's all I can show you for now, but this project is the motivation to finish another project that has been an open agenda item for a year now!

Yes, if you have been following along for any length of time you probably remember my staircase makeover that I started last Spring.


Wweeelllll, unfortunately the project got stalled. I lost my mojo and then had to move on to my outdoor projects once the weather warmed up, so I also plan to pick back up on that and get it finished soon.

Here are my 2016 goals by room:
  • Living room:
Paint
Update décor
New Rug
Add wall treatment to two zones
Finish staircase (work in process)
  • Mudroom:
Add organization to mud room
Build bench
Tackle paper clutter
  • Kitchen
New flooring in kitchen (hiring this one out)
New gas cooktop (mine is 30+ years old!)
New dishwasher
Paint kitchen buffet
Add farmhouse shelving
Add storage above fridge
  • Bathroom
New Flooring
New window trim for bathroom
Add base boards
Paint
Two new sinks and faucets
Counter top treatment
  • Exterior
New house numbers
Paint trim
Add gate to side yard
Landscape side yard
Power wash patio
New Patio furniture
Trim trees

So as you can see I have my work ahead of me!

.....which means lots of tutorials coming your way! LOL

I am so glad you are here motivating me! Please join me on IG and/or Twitter for more fun and lets make 2016 one to remember!!!

Hugs!

Jennifer





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.