Thursday, August 1, 2013

Thrifty Finds

 
 
TGIF everyone! I can't believe Summer has flown by so fast and its now August and back to school for so many of you.
 
When I started putting together my July recap, I realized it had been a while since I posted about my adventures in thrifting, so today I am going to share with you some of the things I bought in July.
 
For starters, my favorite piece of them all is this pillow with ruffles.
 
 
 
thrift store find
 
 
Good thrift store pillows are hard to find so when I found this cute pillow for $1.99 I had to get it.
 
 
 
 
 
She is clean and in great shape, AND has a down insert which is a double treat!
 
 
I am thinking about changing her up a bit but we'll see. I have a hard time altering something that is so good just the way it is, but I have an idea of something I want to try on a pillow and this one might just be the right pillow for the job.
 
 
 
 
Then there was this stool. I got it for half off at the GW a few weeks ago. Those of you who connect with me on G+ already got a glimpse of her a while back when I posted about it.
 
I have been looking around for a stool like this for quite some time and was excited when I found it.
 
I'm thinking its a great candidate for a milk paint project!
 
 
 
 
 
Then there is this crazy topiary-like-thing!
 
Do you see what I see in this piece?
 
Probably not...its even hard for me to see my vision at times, but I am upcycling this piece and have already started working on it, so you will definitely see more of this in the near future! (wink, wink)
 
 
 
 
Then there were these perfect brass switch plates.
 
Not perfect because they are brass, but perfect because they have beaded edges and are in great shape.
 
As you know were are in the process of selling my house and I actually need a few nice switch plates and at $1.50 for FOUR, you can't go wrong!  .....they were half price! sweet!
 
 







 
 
Oh and these gorgeous floral knobs!!!! 
 
I can't decide on whether or not to paint them, but they were also half price and I couldn't resist how cute they were!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Then gasp! There they were! Two, count them....one, TWO, perfectly brand new and in the wrapping gray lamp shades from Target. 
 
 
 
I have been in need of lamp shades for a while now and planned on making one if I couldn't find one, and these were prefect at only a few bucks each, so in the cart they went!!!! 
 
 
 
And last, but not least, were these sponge letters of the entire alphabet.
 
They were half off so I got them for $0.50 cents and thought they would be fun to use for making a  monogram.
I <3 monograms!
 
 
 
And just to recap.......here are my highlights from July thrifting.
 
 
 I love everything I found and can't wait to start working with all of it.
 
 

Pin It
 
 Have a wonderful weekend!
 
 livelaughlinky 250x250
The Shabby Nest<br><br><br><b>Join us every Friday...</b>My Uncommon Slice of SuburbiaThe ScoopTitiCrafty by CamilaIt's Overflowing{nifty button}By Stephanie LynnScattered Thoughts of a Crafty MomWhat did you makeMonday2 Make the Scene Monday #86 AND Cardstore ReviewGinger Snap Crafts: {wow me} wednesday #113 & a Silhouette Portrait Giveaway#SilhouetteDucks 'n a Row




The Dedicated HouseInspiring Creative Moments square



Your Whims WednesdayFrom My Front Porch To YoursLink party every Wednesday over at the36thavenue.comStoneGablePhotobucketMade in a DayShabbilicious Fridaylivelaughlinky 250x250birdsonwire

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.