Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Lamp Shades Find a Home

So remember the two lamp shades that I found at the thrift store that were new
and in the package for $4.99 each ...........well...................................
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
They found a home.........on this also thrifted lamp.
 
 
You are probably wondering to yourself, "does this chick ever buy anything new?", and the answer is yes.
 
 
I do buy new stuff, but most of my home decor is second hand, repurposed, or found new and on sale.
 
 
 
 
The story behind this lamp is that I found it at the thrift store that I go to that marks everything down to half price on the last Saturday of the month.  (KC peeps, contact me and I will give you directions!) :)
 
 
 
So as you can see, my $6.99 lamp ended up only costing me $3.50, and the lamp shade was $4.99, for a whopping total of about $8.50 all together.
 
 
This is why I love the thrift stores!
 
 
I get what I want at a price that does not give me stress or buyer's remorse after I leave the store. LOL
 
 
So here sits my new (to me) lamp and lamp shade. I love the texture and look of the gathered gray material on the shade. It makes it a little more unique, and the fact that it is gray is all the better.
 
 
 
 
 
Pin It 
 
I wanted this post to be strictly about Mr. Lamp, but I can't hit the publish button without mentioning that I found the large basket on the bottom right  side of the table at the same thrift store as the lamp, so it was HALF price too!
 
 
As you know, baskets this size can be pricey, so to find a large, sturdy, clean, basket like this is a major score.
 
 
And as far as lamps go, for the longest time I had my DIY mercury glass lamp displayed here on the foyer table until recently when I changed it out with this one.
 
Two totally different lamps, both from the thrift store,  that made gorgeous pieces for my home.
 
I hope you find my thrifting adventures inspiring examples of what you can create in your home.
 
All you need is a little time, and imagination.
 
 
Have a wonderful day!
 
 
 
Jennifer
 
 
 
 
Linking up to:
 
 
 
 

http://www.astrollthrulife.net/2013/08/178th-inspire-me-tuesday-winner-of.html


Twinkling TreesHomework4BlogsYour Whims WednesdayHouse on the WaySouthern LovelyStoneGableHGTbtngrey504 MainThe-Weekly-Creative-Button_June20131Grace at HomeFrench Country Cottagelivelaughlinky 250x250<br><br><br><b>Join us every Friday...</b>Chic on a Shoestring DecoratingShabbilicious FridayFunky_Junk's_Party_Junk_link_party_150DIY blog Classy ClutterSeasonal Sunday Teapot copyMarvelous Mondays Link Party at This Gal CooksBy Stephanie LynnMonday2 Make the Scene Monday #88The Dedicated HouseThe ScoopMy Uncommon Slice of SuburbiaGrab button for Semi Homemade Mom52 Mantels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.