Tuesday, October 1, 2013

My Adventures in Retail Therapy

 
I have been so busy with DIY, wedding planning, and Fall decorating that I have not spent much time shopping lately, (surprised?) but while I was out and about I found a lot of design eye candy, and trust me, I could have bought EVERYTHING I am showing you today but time was of the essence and my pocket book was in no shape to spend a lot of money!
 
 
For starters, just on a whim I decided to run by Tuesday Morning and that always gets me for at least good hour because I like slowing browsing up and down each aisle. The stuff they carry changes frequently so is like a whole new experience every time you go in there.
 
And it wouldn't be "me" if I didn't start off by showing you some of the towels I liked.
I have a thing for towels because they are one of the easiest and most affordable items you can buy to transform the look of your bathroom.

 
 
And these taupe hounds tooth towels were gorgeous! Full of style and the perfect shade of neutral.
 

 
 
Then there was this crusty/rusty urn. I love the aged look of this piece and it inspired me with a DIY idea.
 
 
 
 
And of course who can resist metal buckets with burlap?
 
 
 
 
 
You guessed it....more towels! I love these Gray on Gray Chevron towels.
 
 
 
 
Do you remember my berry baskets from the thrift store? I love em' but these porcelain ones would be so much better. They are water resistant and easy to clean.
 
 
 
 
Lately I have had an obsession with lamps and this is a style of lamp that I have had my eye on for a while now. I am a sucker for Fleur De Lis so I had to share this one with you.
 
 
 
 
And then I hit the Christmas stash and found these keys. I think they would make for a great DIY project........wink, wink.
 
 
 
Time to leave Tuesday Morning before I break the bank......so now its on to Target where I found these tall silver vases on sale.
 
The price was right but I have something similar already so I passed.
 
 
 
There was more at Target but my pictures didn't come out so I will just move on to Joann's, which is our last stop for the day.
 
 

There was this gorgeous green, yellow, and gray stripped fabric.
 
Kind of a loud pattern but I thought a little bit of it on a pillow or seat cushion would be nice.  

 

 

Have you checked out the HGTV fabrics?
They have some GORGEOUS colors and patterns. If you have not checked them out you seriously n need to!
 
I love Damask and this is Gray and Yellow fabric is perfect for our master bedroom! (swoon!)

 
 
And this Greige and cream Chevron fabric also caught me eye.........
 

 
along with these two floral patterns.
 
 
 
 
So there ya have it!
I hope you were inspired and saw something you liked. 
 
 It was a nice shopping day, although I stuck to my guns and only bought what I needed. (boring, right?) LOL  
 
There were a TON of great deals out there in the retail world though which it was hard to walk away from some of it, but I guess that just means I will have to go back another time! :)
 
 
Have a wonderful day!
 
Jennifer

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.