Sunday, April 5, 2015

One Thing Leads to Another

Hello everyone. I hope you had a happy Easter!

It has been a while since I updated you on my current DIY projects, and after a long and tiring weekend of working around the house I decided to take a few minutes and give you an update.  Just in case you have forgotten, I started off the new year scraping popcorn ceilings, which you can read about HERE.


Well, then life got in the way. I had a birthday, got sick, then had to have an outpatient surgery, and then we had two birthdays and my cousin had her baby, and so on, so my projects were stalled for a few weeks while I took care of "me", and that is why you haven't seen a follow up to any of my DIY posts lately. 


So now that all of that is out of the way, I have been picking back up on things and trying to actually get ONE, just ONE, project completed, and I am proud to say that this weekend was a success, and I couldn't have done it without a little help.


So you're probably wondering why this post is labeled "One Thing Leads to Another". Well, as I was finishing the mudroom, I decided to continue scraping the popcorn ceiling in the stairwell/hallway going upstairs, which of course led to a staircase makeover. While I was wrapping up the mudroom and planning my new project I decided I would take up the bathroom flooring since it bumped up to the floor of the staircase. Easy enough, right?

Well, I asked "man friend" to take out the toilet in my upstairs bathroom so I could get started with the bathroom floor while the ceiling was drying in the stairwell.  

And then I got the surprise. The surprise that NOBODY wants. The dredded leaking toilet. A leaking toilet that has soaked through the plywood but LUCKILY it did not leak down below. SShhheeewww! So even though I wasn't really prepared to rip up the entire bathroom floor, I am not complaining because it could be a lot worse!




 



And I mean really. What round of DIY projects wouldn't be complete without a leaking toilet? I mean, come on. Who doesn't love tackling plumbing projects in the middle of painting and making things pretty?
Sigh.......


So with that being said I have a big reveal for you coming up of the mudroom. The ceilings are done and adorn a new light fixture too, and I can't wait to show you!

Meanwhile, I am on to painting the stairwell and working on the bathroom floor with man friend. He's going to teach me how to replace the floor, so I will have that tutorial coming down the line for you as well.

Now, despite all the distractions that I encountered in February and March, if I can finish all of this by the end of April I will be on track with my plans for the year.
Woot woot!!!!!


Any tips or comments you have on leaking toilets are welcome!


Have a wonderful week!


Jennifer





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.