Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Fall Bulbs Turn to Spring Flowers

Remember when I planted bulbs last fall?
 
You can read about that HERE.
 
Well I am happy to show you their progress.
 
I planted a combination of purple hyacinths and yellow daffodils to add some Spring color to my porch.

 
 
Pin It 

The daffodils did not bloom together so I only had a few in bloom at a time, but the purple hyacinth did quite well. They bloomed large fragrant blooms, but they had a tendency to fall over when it rained.



So I am giving this spot another year to see if the flowers come back stronger next year.




 
 
Look at those gorgeous blooms!
 





I am glad I planted them in this spot right by the front door. They are so fragrant that their scent carries into the house every time you open the door.















Pin It
So the tulips, daffodils, and hyacinth have all bloomed and are now dying off as another round of flowers like iris and azaleas will be blooming soon!
 
 
For more gardening/landscaping tips, you can read about planting Fall bulbs HERE, and click HERE to find out  how to get more blooms from your flowering bushes.
 
 
 
Enjoy your day!
 
 
Jennifer
 
 
 
 
 
Linking Up to These Great Parties:
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.