Tuesday, November 17, 2015

New Bamboo Shades from Blinds.com



Pin It
One of the things that drew me to this house when I bought it was the large scale windows in the front room.

They let in so much light so I didn't want to cover them up with heavy light blocking curtains or drapes so I lived with mini blinds.

I never really liked the min blinds because they look cheap and were hard to keep clean and they did not look good when completely pulled up, so needless to say when I had an opportunity to work with Blinds.com I was happy to finally get rid of the mini blinds!



When you work with Blinds.com you work with a personal design consultant who helps you through the process of measuring and picking out the right coverings for your window. 

Blinds.com offers all sorts of window coverings from roller shades, to natural woven shades, plantation shutters to different styles of matchstick blinds, so I was like a kid in a candy store when it was time to pick out my window coverings! 

With help from my design consultant we worked together to find the perfect window covering.


I selected the Budget Woven Shades in Malay Umber.


Here they are with one up and one down so you can see how they look in both positions.




They come with a header that overlaps and covers up the mounting hardware for a finished look too.






I chose the Malay Umber color for several reasons.

It has various shades of brown in it and some random flecks of black, so the pattern is very random and shows off the natural bamboo.

I also thought the warm shades of brown complimented my wall color and flooring too.

I have white trim with soft creamy yellow walls so I didn't want something too light that would blend in but yet I didn't want something that contrasted too much and looked too busy.

So the Malay Umber was the perfect choice for my front room!





The bamboo slats vary in size and allow a little light to shine trough, which I completely love for the day time. However, at night I wanted the option of having privacy so my design consultant suggested that I  add a privacy liner to the back. 


The privacy liner you see here is a white fabric backing that gives you full coverage when needed.

I am so glad I chose this option!





These blinds are high quality and add such a nice look to my front room.

The color and texture of the blinds add warmth and allow me the flexibility of having a fully opened window where the light can shine in, or a fully covered window for those times when I want privacy.

No more hiding my windows with mini blinds!




Pin It

My experience working with Blinds.com has been great and the quality of my shades are superb.
I am very happy with my new woven wood shades!

You can  hop on over to Blinds.com to check out their latest sale and see all the beautiful options for your particular windows.

Just think how exciting it would be to get new custom fitted window coverings this Christmas! It would be a great present for yourself, or for someone on your list.


Jennifer

*I was provided free product from Blinds.com but all thoughts and opinions are of my own.  

  



Linking Up to These Great Parties:
Your Whims WednesdayMoonlight and Mason Jars Button





Less-Than-Perfect Life of BlissCreate • Share • Inspire




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.