Monday, April 1, 2013

Before & After-Toile Tray

Hello everyone! I hope you had a great Easter!
I was going to share this with you before the holiday but I was too preoccupied with Easter projects. Now that it is behind us, its time to show you some of the other projects I have been working on.
One day while in a thrift store I spotted this old toile tray. It was large and had a really cool shape, but it was a bit rusty and crusty and had been neglected for quite some time, but I immediately knew I HAD to have it.

I had several different ideas of what to do with it so I brought it home, gave it a light sanding to remove some of the little rusty spots and and then I spray painted it with a glossy black rustoleum spray paint.

And took this old crusty, rusty tray from this:









To this:

















Now Mr. Crusty-n-Rusty has a purpose and sits high up on top of the kitchen cabinets as a focal point. You know, on top of the cabinets in the #hardestplacetodecorate spot!


So far this little vignette is coming together quite nicely and I love how this tray looks with the rest of the accessories I added.  This is such a versatile piece and I was originally torn between a couple different colors and finally settled on painting it black, and I love it.


I am nowhere near done with this part of the kitchen but it is at least a start.


I am still trying to finish our master bedroom makeover, the mudroom at the other house, and continue with little spots like this throughout the rest of the house all before the gardening and landscaping projects begin.


I love easy transformations like this. All it takes sometimes is some elbow grease and a few bucks to turn something that was once destined for the trash into a piece of decor that makes a statement.


Here is the

Before & After 













So what do you think? Do you think black was the right color?




Linking Up To These Great Parties: 


twelveOeightMy Uncommon Slice of Suburbiacreativetuesdaybutton
House on the Way
The Chicken Chick
Creative Cain Cabin

Vintage On A Dime


Adorned From AboveDomestically Speaking

_Photobucket
Creations by Kara

Tickled Pink Linky Party
Home


Photobucket
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating
Jennifer RizzoThe Shabby Nest