Friday, April 5, 2013

Thrifty Finds-A Butler's Tray


Hello everyone! Spring is in the air here in KC, so this weekend I'm spending a lot of time working in the yard trying to get it cleaned up so we can put down grass seed.

In the mean time I wanted to share with you this week's thrifty find. It is actually something I purchased a while ago and am just now getting around to working with it.

Here it is. A butler's tray.  



I got a great deal on it, and the best part about is that it is in great shape. No major cracks, tears, or dents, and the base is in perfect condition!  

 The only thing wrong with it is the color, which we all know can easily get changed out with some paint.

Here it is cleaned up sitting next to our couch in the "man cave".

  



 I really like using it next to the couch as a side table, but it just doesn't go with our decor, soooooooooo I am going to do what any thrifty chick like me would do............and that is paint it!







Right now I am brainstorming and gathering ideas, so stay tuned for the final makeover of this butler's tray and
here are some inspiring pictures I collected of various styles and looks that I liked.
This one is from Frontgate and runs $279 bucks!!! Yikes!
It has a similar structure as my butler's tray just in a lighter wood tone.

Cassara Butler Tray Table
This one is from West Elm and is white enamel, but a bit too modern for me. It retails for $149, but is on sale for $79.
Butler Tray Stand, White, Enamel
This crocodile textured butler's tray is from ZGallerie and runs $79 bucks. I like the croco texture of the tray.
So as you can see, the form is similar in all cases but the styles and colors vary, depending on your decor preference, so anything goes with these.
The best part about a butler's tray is that the tray can be easily removed so you essentially have two pieces of decor in one.....its a tray, oh no its a table! I will use mine as a table, for now, but in the future it may serve another purpose so I need to keep this in mind when I decide on the look of this piece.

I can't wait to get started on this and show you the final reveal, so stay tuned for more pics once I am done.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Jennifer







Linking Up To These Great Parties:
Jennifer Rizzo


 

mop it up mondays
The Blissful Bee


UndertheTableandDreaming Monday Funday Creating Really Awesome Free Things
The Girl Creative
Creative Cain Cabin

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbiacreativetuesdaybutton
House on the Way





Centerpiece Wednesdays Button

 ADITS-button
{Primp}

Vintage On A Dime
Adorned From AboveWhimsy Wednesday at Smart School House


blog buttons-003
Embracing Change


French Country Cottage
livelaughlinky 250x250The Shabby NestJennifer Rizzo
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating
Made in a Day

It's Overflowing
”UndertheTableandDreaming”

9 comments:

  1. Great inspirations! Thanks so much for linking up today!

    http://www.theblissfulbeeblog.com/2013/04/1-year-blogiversary-linky-party.html

    xo
    amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a very happy BLOGIVERSARY! So happy for you to have reached a hallmark and wishing you many more. Always enjoy your blog and look forward to seeing what you do with your butlers tray.
    I have something similar but the legs are bamboo and the tray is pretty saggy. I've held onto that darned thing thru many times of hubs saying get rid of it. I'm going to take the wicker tray off to have hubs make a new wood tray, maybe with some of a pallet. Then I'll paint the legs to show off the bamboo. You have truly inspired me, so glad I didn't get rid of that little table. Til next time Happy Week

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a very pretty tray and it looks good by the sofa. Good luck in deciding what you want to do with it...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer, I have one exactly like your butler's tray! I plan to paint it, but can't decide on a color, maybe black, white or something bright and colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of using your butler's tray as a side table. I know you'll give it a whole new life with a little bit of paint.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow. You are RIGHT. That is the perfect find! I hope I find one this year when I go tagging also. Would love to have you share this at What to do Weekends Party also. Take care, Linda

    http://www.craftsalamode.com/2013/04/what-to-do-weekends-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, you've done it! Two weeks in a row. This great little tray is being featured today at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House!! Hope to see your prettiness again at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love terrific thrifty finds! This piece is marvelous! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.