Friday, September 20, 2013

Thrifty Find.....Oh YES I Did!

So I was driving down a street in a rural part of town and there it was. This PERFECT crate sitting on the side of the road.
 
See her amidst all other stuff that these people are throwing out?!  
 
Sorry for the blurry picture.....I snapped it while I was driving.
 
 
As I was driving down the road I spotted it with my junkin' radar and at first I drove past it, but then decided I should turn around and go for it!
 
 
So I whipped the car around and snagged this crate and brought her home with me-
 
Thelma & Louise style!
 
 
Here are a couple more pics of the crate in my trunk..... 
 


It is a fairly nice size and all the boards are strong and in tact. All she needs is a light cleaning and some paint or stain, then she will be good as new!

 
I can't wait to give her a makeover and use her in my Fall decor!
 
As you know, good crates, that are FREE, are hard to find.....so this thrifty chick is not only super excited to share with you my junkin' experience, but  I am also highly looking forward to upcycling this crate.
 
Now I need to do some research and get my game plan down, but for now I couldn't resist sharing with you my latest find!
 
 
Have a wonderful weekend!
 
 
Jennifer
 
 
 
Linking up to:
 
 
 French Country CottageHouse on the WayPinworthy Projects Party ButtonThe Shabby Nest




The Dedicated HouseGive Me the Goods MondayMonday2 Make the Scene Monday #93





Chic on a Shoestring DecoratingFunky_Junk's_Party_Junk_link_party_150DIY Show Off
 
 52 Mantels



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.