Sunday, September 30, 2012

DIY Halloween Plates

 

 




Back in August I started brainstorming and gathering ideas for my Fall and Halloween decor, and as I was flipping through home decor magazines, I discovered these cute plates and knew I wanted to make something similar.





So I broke the Cricut and began creating my design using black vinyl.

 
The point behind this DIY project was to achieve the "look for less", so I used the cartridges I had and the only thing I had to buy was the white plate, which I found for $0.99 at the GW.
 
I searched high and low for a plate like the one in the magazine with a black rim and could not find one for the life of me, so I chose a plate that had a rim and thought about painting it black, but opted out to keep it simple.

 
So using my Doodle Charms cartridge, I made the spider, then used transfer paper to transfer the image onto the plate.
 
I used the basic cartridge called Fonts for the letters, then transferred them onto the plate with transfer paper as well.
 
Here is a picture of me using transfer paper for a different plate (one you will see soon) 
...just to illustrate how the transfer paper woks. I love it and couldn't make vinyl projects without it!
 
 

 
 
 
As I attached my letters, one by one, I placed them in a whimsical pattern around the curve of the plate, then once I was done I used some velcro strips to adhere the plate to the wall.
 
 
 
 
And PRESTO! There is my DIY Halloween plate! I {LOVE} how it turned out!

 

Pin It
I've been a busy bee trying to get all my fall projects tackled, and I'm almost ready to reveal my entire Halloween entry way and mantel, so stay tuned for more Fall and Halloween decor in the upcoming week!
 
 
Jennifer
 
 



Linking up to the following parties:




http://itssoverycheri.com/2012/09/30/its-party-time-9-30-2012-blog-party/
UndertheTableandDreaming

Sumo's Sweet StuffMaking Monday MarvelousHouse on the Way









DIY Show Off
Photobucket



Beyond The Picket Fence
Love and Laundry
http://westernwarmth.blogspot.com/2012/10/weekend-warmth-4.html

The Shabby Nest

Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special
Photobucket
The Mandatory Mooch


By Stephanie Lynn