Saturday, October 13, 2012

Different Ways to Wear a Scarf


It is officially Fall and the air is getting crisp, the days are getting shorter, and the temps are falling. So of course everyone is breaking out their cute jackets, boots, and scarves, and I see all these women walking around with their scarves tied in the coolest ways! ....and I'm wondering...HOW DO THEY DO THAT???!!!

If you are like me and wondering the same thing, here is a FABULOUS website for you to visit. It is "scarves.net". Seriously. I had NO idea such website & blog existed until I went searching for tips on how to tie all those cute scarves I have in my closet! LOL

You know, I wanted to be like the cool kids and wear MY scarves in cute knots and loops too so I had to go fishing around for a tutorial and this site has a TON of tutorials to help you work with your scarf. In fact, the entire website and blog are dedicated to scarves, so you will definitely find what you want!
 
They also have a FREE e-book you can download that contains all kinds of great tips on how to care for your scarves, how to tie them for the different seasons, how to make them into a head wrap/bandanna style, how to use them as a turban, sarong, halter top, rosette wrap, and MANY MANY MORE ways to wear your scarf. 
 

How to tie a scarf by Scarves.net


 
Here is a sample of what you will find on the website. This is just one page that shows a handful of styles.
 
They give  you a visual of what the scarf looks like then they show you step by step how to make the tie.
 
There is also a spot to go to on the website that has a tutorial for each style so if you need someone to walk you through the process (like I do) then this would be great for you!  


 12 More Ways to Tie a Scarf



1. Four-in-Hand Choker

Follow the directions of the Four-in-Hand scarf knot. Then tuck the hanging ends of your scarf up around your neck.

2. Split End Scarf

Fold your scarf in half and place the middle of your halved scarf at the back of your neck, with a loop on one side and the ends on the other. Then split the ends of the scarf and put one side through the loop.

3. Knotted Necklace

So simple! Just tie three knots in your scarf, then put it on your neck like a necklace. Tie the scarf behind your neck and fluff the knots to taste.

4. Twisty Scarf Loop II

Place your scarf on the back of your neck with only about a foot of your scarf hanging off to one side. Start twisting your scarf and wrapping it around your neck. When you can’t twist anymore, tie the ends of your scarf together to secure it.

5. Dramatic Drape

Lay the middle of your scarf on one shoulder. Bring one end of your scarf around the back of your neck and one end to the front.

6. Twisted Lavalliere

Similar to #4, let a little bit of scarf hang off to one shoulder. Start twisting your scarf and wrapping it around your neck twice. Then tuck the scarf under the twisted section to secure, and let the longer scarf strands hang down.

7. Double Scarf Braid

You’ll need two scarves for this knot. With both of your scarves lined up together, place the middles on the back of your neck. With three of the ends, tie a knot towards the base. Slip the additional end into the loop between your neck and the knot.

8. Twisted Helix Scarf Loop

Take the middle of your scarf and drape it in front of you. Then wrap the ends of the scarf around your neck and back to the front. Start tightly wrapping the ends of the scarf around the front loop to make the twisted effect.

9. Monroe Half Bow

Take the middle of your scarf and put it on the back of your neck. Tie a knot in front. Slide the knot over to your shoulder for a sophisticated look.

10. Challah Scarf Knot

More sophisticated directions are available for the Challah Scarf Knot over here! :)

11. Scarf Corkscrew

Find the middle of your scarf and place it at the back of your neck. With both ends of your scarf, start loosely wrapping the ends around the loop around your neck.

12. Criss Cross Shrug

Find the middle of your scarf and place it at the back of your neck. Cross the ends of the scarf in front at your chest and bring them around to the small of your back. Tie the scarf at your back. Adjust the scarf for comfort. :)



WOWZA! Get a look at #12! That would be so cute in the summer time!!!
 
There are a TON of unique styles that range from simple to fancy, so there is something for EVERYONE and this is ONLY 12 of the 37+ styles that are listed on the website & blog.
 
How to tie a scarf by Scarves.net
 
 
 As for me and my look, I am normally a #11 for my "everyday" look, but I would like to do more styles like #1, 2, and 8.


Do you incorporate scarves into your winter wardrobe? If so, do you see your style in the 12 styles above? If so, what is your #?  
 
Pin It

 
Jennifer

Linking up to these great parties:

Photobucket






It's Overflowing



Positively Splendid
Mixitup
UndertheTableandDreaming





Centerpiece Wednesdays Button

Nutmeg Place
http://westernwarmth.blogspot.com/

http://www.craftberrybush.com/2012/10/happy-hour-linky-party-6.html

Photobucket
The Thrifty Groove
Love and Laundry
http://lavendergardencottage.blogspot.com/2012/10/cottage-style-linky-party-15.html






Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Wow ~ what a great tool! Can't wait to try these. I am your newest follower.

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this and I've been needing some scarf help too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you shared this. I'm always looking for a new creative way to tie a scarf and there are some good ideas here. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to try some of these! I JUST pulled out the bin with all of my scarves in it over the weekend so I'm all set for some new ways to wear them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this- thanks for the inspiration. I just wear my scarf normally around my neck. I'll have to try some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you guys find it informative. I know I did when I stumbled upon the website so I had to share!

    I'd love to see how you decide to wear your scarf too...esp if you used one of the styles from the website.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't realize there were so many ways! Thanks for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cool. Thanks for sharing. My daughter just asked me to the other day to show her how to tie a scarf and I really only know one or two ways. This will help A LOT. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just had a convo with a freind who claimed to be "scarf retarded!" I'll be passing this awesome and easy tutorial on to her! - thank you!!

    http://bit.ly/TfQ44z

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you! I also have wondered how other ladies I've seen have tied their scarves!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! Probably because I love scarves :) I'm featuring this tonight at the link party. Thanks for linking up!

    Kathryn
    destinationcraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like scarves, and I need to learn some new ways to tie them! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, this is very handy! Love wearing scarves! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely love scarves, and I'm always looking for new ways to wear them. These are some great ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.