Sunday, November 3, 2013

Side Chair and Using One Kings Lane Decor Resource Center

 I was recently approached by One Kings Lane about introducing my readers to their Decor Resource Center. When I received the message I was instantly excited about the opportunity to share this with you for several reasons but it was also perfect timing.
 
You see, I had just shared a mini home tour of our Cape Cod and in my tour was this chair that several of you inquired about.  
 

In the Cape Cod the chair was used in the living room and my grandma loved it.
 
She was front and center of it all in this chair.  


One Kings Lane
 
 
As for me, I loved everything about it from the shape of the back to the curve of the chair's arms , so needless to say I was on cloud nine when the previous home owners left it behind for me.
 
I had expressed interest in it during my walk thru before buying the house and lucky me to discover that they left it for me with a card welcoming me to my new home.
 
The only problem was that I had NO IDEA the age or style of the chair.

  
comes in to play.
 
 
This is a resource you can find directly on the One Kings Lane website that helps you identify the age and style of your furniture pieces.
 
To get started, I made note of specific design elements of my chair-
 
 

 
I really wanted to know more about my chair so I went out to the Resource Center home page and searched for designs that had all of the same elements as my chair and this is what I discovered:


Wow!
 
This blue chair looks a LOT like mine......
 
See how the legs of this chair taper down like the front legs on my chair?
 
And this chair has that square/block design where the arms and seat come together, just like mine.
 
 
 

 
I also found this chair in the same category and it has similar characteristics as my chair.
 
 
 
 
More specifically, see how the BACK LEGS of this chair kind of curve outward versus going straight down???
 
 
And the arms of this chair have a curvy part at the bottom of the arm that extends down to the seat, just like my chair!
 
 
I learned that this style of chair is called Empire Style 
(click to see more examples)
 
 
So now when I speak about my chair, I know what style and period it is from.
 
The Decor Resource Center at One Kings Lane can not only help you identify furniture you already have but it can also help you identify your style so that you know what to look for when shopping for that perfect piece.
 
They have outlined all the different periods and styles with pictures so that it is easy to use and follow.
 
Once you identify your style you can click further to see similar chairs in the One Kings Lane lineup and easily purchase the right chair right there on line and have it shipped directly to you!
 
How convenient is that?!
 
Thanks to One Kings Lane for helping me learn more about my chair and discover my style!!!
 
 
Hop on over and check out the Design Resource Center and find YOUR perfect style.
 
 

 Pin It

 

 
 
Linking up to:
 
Monday2 Make the Scene Monday #99Marvelous Mondays Link Party #66 is now live! Link up until Wednesday, October 2nd!
 It's Time for a Block Party! Link up at one of these great blogs and be seen on all four! Making the World Cuter, Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Rae Gun Ramblings and Keeping it SimpleTitiCrafty by Camila
tpsidebarbuttonBy Stephanie LynnThat DIY Party - autumnThe Dedicated HouseMy Uncommon Slice of Suburbia64170_4719850152887_625893102_n_thumHouse on the Way
http://betweennapsontheporch.net/Savvy Southern StyleYour Whims WednesdayCenterpiece Wednesdays Button504 MainJUNKINLOGO2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.