Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Trying Something New

As I was browsing the paint and stain aisles at my local Restore shop a while back, I came across a couple cans of stain that I have been wanting to try.
 
Most stains come in brown tones so when I discovered colored stains for the first time I was excited to try one.
 
 
 
 
 
And when I came across this gray colored stain called Sunbleached at Restore I remembered how I always wanted to try it so in the cart it went.
 
 
 
 
 
 
They also had raw wood letters so I picked up a letter "S" that I would use the stain on.
 
 
I love monogrammed stuff so I thought I could use this to sit on the mantel or attached it to a wreath, either way I was curious about how the color of this stain was going to look.
 
 
 
 
 


 
After shaking up the can really well, I used a foam brush to apply the stain.

Since the letter "S" was so small it didn't take much to get it fully covered.




Pin It

I liked that the wood grain was still showing through and of course that gray color is so pretty!

It looks great with my coastal décor.













Pin It
 
I displayed my newly stained letter "S" in my Spring mantel and have more ideas for it this Fall.


So if you want some color but like to see the wood grain the colored stain is for you!


For tips and inspiration, here are a few more of my stain projects:
 
 
Free Wine Crate Makeover:

http://decoratedchaos.blogspot.com/2012/09/ask-and-you-shall-receive-free-wine.html
 
 Craigslist Dining Table Makeover:
 
http://decoratedchaos.blogspot.com/2014/10/dining-room-table-reveal.html
 
 
Using Spray Stain for Vertical Spaces:
 
http://decoratedchaos.blogspot.com/2014/06/staining-wood-posts-easy-way.html
 
 
Pin It 
 
Have a great weekend!
 
 
Jennifer
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Linking up to:
 
 
Imparting Grace


MMJ Link Party BadgeWhat did you makeThe Bajan Texan


http://www.thethriftyhome.comH&GT BUTTON FALLWeekly Blog Link Up Party- Treasure Hunt Thursday- From My Front Porch To Yours




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.