Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Easy indoor project with the Cricut

It is HOT HOT HOT outside AND windy...AGAIN! (wind wind go away and come back another day NEVER)! LOL
So needless to say I can't finish painting and that is what I have most to do. My paint projects are falling behind but I had a quick indoor project today that I wanted to complete using my Cricut.

I got this glass jar with lid for a whopping $1.99 at the thriftstore a while back and I had visions of using my vinyl to jazz it up so it came home with me.



Since it is glass it is a piece that can be used throughout our house in any room and can be used for each season, so I jazzed it up with my FAVORITE emblem, the fleur de lis and added it to Mr.Chaos' bathroom vanity to hold extra soaps and bathroom supplies. It is also next to the tub so it makes for easy access for grabbing lotions and potions while you soak in the tub....I can't tell you how many times I had to get up after soaking to get the soap or shampoo because I forgot to put it by the tub, so we desperately needed a little storage next to the tub and this guy will do the trick!!!
 
 



All you have to do is clean the glass jar, (Mr.Clean dry eraser gets the waxy crayon price tag right off in one sweep....I LOVE the dry erasers!), then chose your image...I knew I wanted fleur de lis so I used my "Sophisticate" cartridge and cut a piece of vinyl to fit the mat, loaded it into the Cricut and press go. Eeasy peasy for an indoor project on a HOT and WINDY day!








If you have not worked with vinyl, you will be amazed at how creative you can get with just a peel and stick. This project was an easy one and I kept it simple since I want to use this jar in multiple places around the house, but you can get fancy pants and be creative with this too! Tonight I'm linking up with Cheri's blog hop at Its So Very Cheri.
 
 
 
 
Jennifer


My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia




Also linking up to Whatever Goes Wednesday at Someday Crafts.






3 comments:

  1. I am loving this. My daughter is Lee so I always think of her when I see a fleur de lis. Thank you so much for sharing. I have a Cricut, what cartridge did you use??? Thanks, Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet! I love simple projects....
    Nancy
    http://wildoakdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! A wonderful redo on this jar! Thanks for sharing at TTF and have a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.