Tuesday, April 17, 2012

This and that kind of weekend-

I've been working a lot so I haven't had a lot of time to post but I wanted to share with you a few cool things from the weekend, but I will go in reverse order and show you what I found when we got home from our road trip.........




Thats right....a REAL birds nest a mama bird made over the weekend on the inside of the wreath on our front door! How cool is that?! I hope she doesn't get scared and fly off though. She made a perfect little nest and laid four eggs so hopefully some time soon we can watch the baby birds hatch. I am going to try to open the door and steal a picture of mama bird for you....since our screen door is glass and the wreath is on the outside of the door she is in the perfect place for us to steal a peek as long as we are careful and don't scare her off. We primarily use our garage entrance so she shouldn't be bothered too much by being on the front door, which is good because I don't want her to get scared and fly off.

Ok, so as for the weekend, the man and I had a great time on our road trip out to my friend's wedding about 3 hours north of KC. On our way to our destination we stopped half way at Jampesport, MO which is an Amish town. There are bed and breakfasts, shops, baked goods, a couple cafes, etc. Its a cozy little Amish town that sells the best home made goods. We stopped in for lunch at one of the cafes and did a little shopping. I found an enamel bowl with lid that was in great shape for only $10 bucks so I snatched it up! ...thinking I could use it as a flower pot on the patio.



I also picked up this cute watering can made out of wood picket fence pieces. I thought I could really get creative with it and could use it all year round by changing out whatever seasonal items I end up putting inside of it. It was unique and I couldn't resist!





And I couldn't stop in Jamesport without taking home some awesome homemade baked goodies, so we bought a couple loaves of homemade bread. {YUM!} Got a sourdough loaf and a honey wheat loaf. I can't wait to try a new recipe with the sourdough. When I do I will share it with you. :)



And who could resist this HEAVENLY pan of warm ooey gooey brownies at the cafe we visited???!!! I had a big scoop of that brownie goodness a la mode and it was awesome!



Last but definately not least are some pics of my friend Linda and her husband James, my BFF Sherry (i'm on the left), and the man who tolerates my hoarding and decorating..... :)




-Jennifer


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.