Tuesday, July 3, 2012

My very FIRST blog award!

Wow! I was totally shocked yesterday morning when I woke up and turned on the computer. As I was sorting through emails I came across an email from Tanya at Twelve-0-Eight nominating ME with the Versatile Blogger Award! I work full time and struggle with finding enough hours in the day/week to really get creative and get projects done so I never feel as if I am where I want to be with my blog, so when I received her email I was happily suprised and very thankful to have been nomindated. So first things first, I want to give Tanya a special THANK YOU for passing the award to me! THANKS TANYA!YOU ROCK! :)


So, without any further delay, I shall honor the rules of the award and share with you, my beloved followers, 7 random facts about myself. Ok, here goes...uh,hem....

1. I was in band for several years in school and I played the flute. (this one time....at band camp) LMFAO!

2. I met Mr.Chaos on line through an online dating site. Yes, yes, yes, I did and I am not ashamed to admit it. When you are 30 something with a demanding career it is hard to meet quality people so I relied on modern day technology to help me out in that area, and low and behold...IT WORKED!!!

3. I knew at a young age that I had a knack for being creative. I used to win all kinds of awards in art class and show-n-tell for my creativity, and learned first handedly by my mom that spray paint is a DIY'ers BEST FRIEND!

4. Speaking of BEST FRIENDS...did you know that my BFF and I have been BFFs for 26 years!?!? TWENTY SIX folks! That is a LONG time! We met when we were 12 on the first day of 6th grade...middle school and we have been through everything together since then. When I say everything, I pretty much mean EVERYTING and I don't know where I would be without her strong and unjudging shoulder that I have cried on more times that I can count. Thank you SHERRY for being such a wonderful BFF all these years!!!

5. Ok, just as any other DIY/blogger goes, I have the hoarder gene. Yes, its true. I sell things in garage sales then slowly stockpile it back into the house until the next garage sale! Guilty as charged!!!! ....and YES, Mr. Chaos hates this quality of mine....he is a minimalist and doesn't like to put holes in the wall so comitting to where a picture goes in our house is a BIG DEAL....and we're working on that. I have several pieces I have worked on that are ready for him to hang up so his time is-a-comin'!

6. sshhhew, this is getting harder and harder as I get down the line...ok another random fact about me is that I used to waitress at Pizza Hut in college. (for almost 4 years) and thankfully I still have a love for pizza and didn't get burned out. (I say "thankfully" with sarcasim) LOL

7. and last but not least, I have been known to drive by vacant houses and pick flowers from the yard so I can have fresh cut flowers. I know! That is a BAD one, huh? ....but I figure hey, someone's gotta enjoy these flowers and it may as well be ME!!!!!

So there ya have it- 7 random facts about ME, now its on to YOU guys!

I am nominating the following blogs for the Versatile Blogger Award:

Mrs.Hines Class
EllaClaire
Irish Itailian Blessings
Image Remix
Savy Southern Style
A Girl and a Glue Gun
My Girlish Whims
Pamelas Heavenly Treats
Passion-nut-about-paper
Honestly Dyea
NatSprat
Lake Cottage Dreams
SixSistersStuff
Centsationa Girl
Confessions of a Plate Addict

SO CONGRADULATIONS ARE IN ORDER FOR ALL OF THE BLOGS I NOMINATED ABOVE! I SELECTED YOU FOR THIS AWARD! These blogs are awesome blogs and I invite EVERYONE to swing by and pay them a visit. They are packed FULL of fun tips, creative ideas and inspriation, and I highly enjoy visiting every one of them on a daily basis so I invite you to check them out too! :)


Now bloggers, the rules for this award are:
1. Thank the Blogger who nominated you.
2. Include a link to their site.
3. Include the award image in your post.
4. Give 7 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 15 other Bloggers for the award.
6. When nominating, include a link to their site.
7. Let other Bloggers know they have been nominated.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on your award, Jennifer! How fun to get to know you better! And thanks for thinking of me. I am honored! Hope you are having a great 4th!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you, Jennifer! Have a wonderful day. :)

    Julie
    www.jamscorner.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your email went to my spam folder for some reason so I just got this. Thanks so much for the nomination you are too sweet!!! Congrats on yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, sweet girl!! I loved reading the random things about you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jennifer.

    Thanks for nominating me. I was going to do a post today about the nomination but I can not get the award to open in my post. Not sure why. I am thinking because it is a ping image instead of a jpg and I am not savvy enough to know how to change this.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.