Sunday, August 5, 2012

Adding a Little BLING

Today I spent some time playing around with my latest purchase from Hobby Lobby...acrylic rhinestones. {LOVE} them!


Got the entire canister for about $10 after applying my 40% off coupon. (Gotta love the coupons)



The set I bought contains various sized rhinestones and I decided to use them to add bling to my DIY faux mercury glass jars. (You can find the mercury glass tutorial here.)


I started by applying dabs of hot glue and randomly adhered various sized stones around the mouth of the jar. I wanted a random pattern so I literally applied them randomly, in no specific order. Even overlapped some along the way as I went.



And here is the finished jar paired with my "keep calm and buy shoes" lantern I recently found at the Goodwill.








This is a before picture of the lantern....


It was a weird shade of green that wasn't sassy enough for a piece like this...I really envisioned it to be red so I spray painted it, added some zebra print tissue for a little pizazz, and paired it up with my newly blinged out faux mercury glass jar. I have them sitting in my home office and love how sassy they turned out. They're a match made in heaven! :)






Pin It

Have a great week!
Jennifer


UndertheTableandDreaming





My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

Tip Junkie handmade projects



Tuesday To Do Party






Creations by Kara