Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Trash to Treasure-Plant Stand Makeover


Just like a lot of you,  I have many projects that I am simultaneously working on and now that we FINALLY  have decent weather in Missouri I can finish my painting projects that were on hold most of the summer due to the heat...and check this one on off my list!


I got this plant stand for $3 at a garage sale that nobody wanted. It was dusty, dull, and looked like a 1970s reject, but when I saw it I immediately had a spot for it.....and the rest was history!





See the dust? EEwwww......and the groovy 1970's curves???? LOL



Dirty to say the least. YUCK!




So after a good cleaning and a little bit of this-



I got this-



See how clean and colorful she is now???? Just from changing her color with some spray paint. Wowza!


And she was now dressed and ready for her big debut with her other patio friends-

Tada!

Much prettier in yellow! Dontcha think???







Pin It



Just by cleaning it up and giving it a coat of new paint in a cheery yellow color, this plant stand was transformed into a piece worth keeping.


And now I am in addicted to this soft buttery yellow color and can't wait to incorporate this plant stand into my fall patio decor.

I always remind myself after a project like this that you can't ever underestimate the power of paint!

Thanks for stopping by! What do you think about my color choice?

Jennifer








52 Mantels







Photobucket



Fridays Unfolded


vif187

Chic on a Shoestring Decorating





SixSistersStuff.com

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special