Thursday, November 29, 2012

Coastal Inspired Christmas

 
 


 In my blog bio on my home page I talk about my decorating style and I mention that I like the coastal/beachy look. I have loved this look for a long time. 
Growing up, we always lived in the Midwest so I was never near water until I was 13 when I took my first trip to Florida and saw the ocean. After this I was hooked! I couldn't get enough sun, sand, and shells and this has always been the case ever since.
So when I started blogging and found other bloggers and online shops that focused on coastal decor I fell in LOVE and began incorporating more coastal elements into my home decor and craft designs.
 Check out these fabulous holiday decorating ideas from Completely Coastal. If you are unfamiliar with Completely Coastal you can check out their blog HERE. They are my one stop shop for inspiration and decorating ideas when I want to add a coastal touch to my home.

Beach Ornament
 (via Completely Coastal)


Look how the light bounces off the brightly colored sea glass. What a gorgeous splash of color the sea glass adds!

Christmas ornament crafts with clear balls

Festive sea shell Christmas trees. 
Pinned Image  

This wire basket filled with sea shells is one part shabby and one part beachy.

indoor Christmas lights idea

 (via completely coastal)
Here is a cute starfish stocking. It looks great up against the old door and surrounded by soft lights shaped like stars.

Christmas lights vignette with door

(via completely coastal)

I just love this burlap stocking with the anchor. When I was in college my sorority symbol was the anchor and I had a ton of nautical decor and stuff with anchors on it, and this stocking reminds me of that time in my life. I have to either get one or make of these for myself!

mini nautical Christmas stockings
(via Completely Coastal) 




And if your holiday theme is a coastal Christmas you can still enjoy making Christmas cookies. Check out these adorable, and YUMMY, iced cookies in the shape of star fish, sea horses, and sand dollars. Too cute!

sea cookies


And last, but certainly not least, I leave you with these GORGEOUS Christmas trees decked out with beachy ornaments. ......makes my heart flutter! Love it!

Pinned Image
(via Pinterest)
And coastal decor does not always have to include a lot of blue tones.....this coastal design incorporates beige's and red. See the star fish on the chaise lounge chair and sea grass type table? These help create the coastal feel of this room.
Pinned Image
(via Pinterest/Completely Coastal)
This room is a perfect balance of shabby chic/cottage style and coastal decor. See the sea shells and star fish on the tree? The sea fans in the background on the shelves and sail boat ornaments, but yet all of this paired with more rustic elements like wire baskets and a true evergreen tree. Not a lot of blue in this one but the look is achieved with other beachy/coastal elements. Very cute and probably my favorite look for coastal decor.
 
I hope these pictures inspired you as much as they inspired me!
I think next year I will go with a coastal theme for Christmas, but right now all these pictures have me dreaming of warm sunny days, the sound of crashing waves, and sand in my toes!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Jennifer
Photobucket
Photobucket
The Chicken Chick
{nifty button}

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous coastal Christmas decorations inspiration! If you get a chance, stop by the Tuesday To Do Party and link up!

    http://blackberryvine.blogspot.com/2012/11/tuesday-to-do-89-and-88-list-makers.html

    If you leave a comment, you'll be automatically entered for the Christmas Tee Shirt give-a-way!
    Smiles!
    Jami
    www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful decorations, I love the sea, the shells, to ocean blue, oh, I can smell the sea. I grew up near the ocean, and miss it so much. Lovely post. Found you through Niftythriftythings. We are your newest followers, would love for you to check us out, and join us if you like. Have a great day. Jeannie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.