Sunday, November 4, 2012

Beadboard Oh How I LOVE Thee



Yeah, that's right.....I said it...BEADBOARD. Dontcha just love it? I love it too so I couldn't hold back and HAD to get myself a roll! Just one roll for now but I'm afraid once I break the seal on this and get started that I'm going to want to use it in a lot more places in my home!




I purchased the Allen + Roth brand from Lowe's, but there are several brands to chose from that fit various budgets.




allen + roth Beadboard Paintable Wallpaper


For starters, I am going to add the beadboard wallpaper to my downstairs half bath. It is a small bathroom with a toilet and pedestal sink so it should be a good starter project for me.

(Excuse the picture.........all of the decor and rugs have been removed since we are staging the house for selling....and the ugly flooring is going too! :)

So over the past six months to year I have watched several of you install the beadboard wall paper and I have been wanting beadboard FOREVER......seriously, FOREVER, or at least since I bought the house 6 years go and I am jealous so envious of the gorgeous beadboard everyone was installing that I had to buy some of my own.

Here are some inspirational pics for beadboard bathrooms:
( Nantucket Beadboard website)





(House of Hargrove)


 Cottage Style Bathrooms 2012
(Ideashomedesign.net)






(Centsationalgirl.com)



(Decorpad.com)


(Houzz.com)

(tipjunkie.com)


(deniseinbloom.com)


(bhg.com)


(Pinterest)

(Pinterest)



So, I've got a hefty project ahead of me and I'm excited to get started! Luckily I have watched many of you use the beadboard wall paper so I've taken note and have learned a few things about it along the way to help me with this project.

I hope you enjoyed the cottage style bathroom eye candy...I know it did! Its very inspiring and I can't wait to get started.

I can't wait to get started and will post pics along the way....wish me luck! :)

Jennifer

Linking Up to These Great Parties:


 



3 comments:

  1. Neat. I didn't know there was wallpaper. I love the look.

    We installed wooden bead board ourselves and it is also very easy and inexpensive. To join the seams you cut in the middle of a panel i.e.stripe and fill with wood glue and sand. I think it cost us under 80 dollars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE bead board. The project I have lined up is to replace the backboard of my hutch with bead board.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the inspirational pics. I look forward to seeing how the wallpapering goes.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.