Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Bye-Bye Fall & Hello Christmas

I wish the Fall season went on a little longer so I could enjoy all of my fall decor. I just love the warm tones of the oragnes, yellows, and chocolate brown together and wish it could be this way for about another month, but I also {LOVE} decorating for Christmas too. Don't we all? I know I look forward to it all year long and when the time finally comes we only get about 6 weeks of it as well.

So with Thanksgiving only a few days away we're kind of half in and half out. We've got one foot still in Fall and one foot out the door heading over to Christmas.

So I decided to give you a mixed posting today that contains BOTH! What a treat, right? Fall AND Christmas all wrapped up in one blog post!

So here we go with my last piece of Fall eye candy for ya'll and it wouldn't be me if it weren't thrifty!
I wanted to share with you this cute candle ring I found for 99 cents at a local thrift store. You could make one of these with similar items found around your yard but I found it while shopping and for less than a buck I thought it would be the perfect update to my Fall entry way table.



Instead of placing it around a candle, I placed it around a reed diffuser I bought for $5. They look great together in this Fall vignette. The acorns and pine cones set the mood and add texture.



My wreath on the front door.


Found this cute wreath last week while thrifting. I had a fall flower basket up on the door since September so it was time to change it out with something more rustic with the look of late Fall.




And here is the last of the fall outdoor pictures. I couldn't help but to show you my  neighbor's GORGEOUS burning bush. I want one of these SO bad! Here's always turns the brightest shade of red every Fall.


Down the street we have a gorgeous backdrop of orange and yellow foliage. Why can't it stay around longer? It is SO pretty!!!




And here is the "not so fun" part of fall............RAKING LEAVES!!!!

Before..........................


After..............ah, much better now.


And now on to CHRISTMAS! (and Winter)


I proudly kick off Winter by introducing you to my new sweater pillow. We see sweaters all over Winter decor, especially the sweater pillows. The funny thing is I liked them years ago before they were popular. I bought one back in 2007 and every year when I pull this out for Winter, Mr. Chaos makes fun of it with its buttons,  but I like it and think its cute. (what does he know anyways?!) LOL

 
So I've been on the hunt for more sweater pillows to coordinate with my first one, but they can be expensive. I should make them myself but for the $5 dollars I spent on this one, I couldn't resist.




I found a white one on clearance one day this past week and thought it would be the perfect pillow to go with my green one. Here they are together on a side chair in our front room.

And since I said this is a Fall and Christmas combined post, I can't leave you without some true Christmas eye candy!

Here is a little basket filled with old ornaments I found while thrifing. I {LOVE} all of the colors and can't wait to fully break out all of my Christmas decor and get started. We'll just call this our Christmas appetizer! :)


And this gorgeous old red mercury glass ornament and cute plaid scarf I found too. I can't wait to use the scarf......I am playing with the idea of using it in my decor but I'd really like to wear it too! LOL



Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas!  Are YOU getting the fever for Christmas decor? Only a few more days and until we can officially kick off the next season. Are YOU ready????!!!!

Check back for more Holiday inspriation after Thanksgiving!

Have a great day,
Jennifer




Linking Up to These Great Parties:





Vintage On A Dime

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer,
    I just love your thrifty finds - that's my passion too. I love the new fall wreath on your door and the great vintage Christmas Ornaments you've found. Love your exterior house shots - I've lived in Alabama, Florida and Arizona, so your home is a style that's different for me - I love it. We could have some fun together thrifting couldn't we? Thanks for stopping by so I could find your lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOps - forgot to change the google id for my post.

    Have a great Thanksgiving Week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jeannie! Isn't it fun to find such goregous home decor for cheap?! I love the thrill of the hunt and discovering hidden treasures.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.