Monday, February 4, 2013

Bye-Bye Green, Hello Collonade Gray!

 
I'm going to cut straight to the point here. The green color in our bedroom had to go. Yes, I picked it out but I could never get the bedding and decor to work with the room so after a year of living with it, we have decided to go into a new direction with our bedroom decor.
Its hard because this is the one room that has to suit both a man AND a woman, so wouldn't you know it.....after lots of Pinteresting and visits to the paint store, we chose to go with Gray as the new color for the bedroom.
 

 
I wanted a "Greige" color since the bulk of the house is painted in a beige color called Classic Taupe by Behr, but this time I let Mr. Chaos drive the bus on the color and he picked Collanade Gray by SW.
 
Its a soft gray color and I consider it to be in the "greige" family even though it has less beige in it than I originally wanted. The color turned out GREAT and we {LOVE} it!
 
Here is a picture of the work in process. Bye-bye olive green and hello soft gray!
 
 
 
 



 
 
 


 












I just love how soft this color reflects light. Its also not SO soft that you can not see the color and there is a subtle beige undertone to it which softens the color a bit so its not so harsh and cold.


 
This is the view looking into the bathroom.
 
 
 

Here is the view up on top of our headboard. The color pallet in here will be gray, beige, green, and white, with some black wrought iron accents.
 
 
 
 
 


I am very excited about finally getting this room done so I can't wait to show you the bedding we already have picked out. It will transform this room!
 
.....I will post about all of that later, but for now here is a recap of the new color.
 
It is called Collonade Gray by Sherwin-Williams. We used the Emerald line of paint in a satin finish.

 
SW7641-Collonade Gray


You can click HERE to get a Sherwin-Williams coupon good towards any paint or stain.  
 
 
Here is a comparison of the colors.  I have traditionally been a green person, but these new grays are really growing on me. What about you? Do you like the new gray colors? How about the new "greige" tones?
 
 
I can't wait to show you more pics of this room once we start pulling everything together, so stay tuned, there is more of this room coming your way. I am on the tail end of redoing my mudroom at our other house too!


Have a wonderful week!

Jennifer


I'm linking up to http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/2013/02/wow-us-wednesdays-104.html
and these other Great Parties:



 

Join the fun here each Wednesday!


http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o537/trunkle1/button2_zpsf5c26b23.jpg



{Primp}

Vintage On A Dime



Monday Funday Creating Really Awesome Free ThingsSeasonal Sunday Teapot copy

UndertheTableandDreaming
DIY Show Off
Read more at http://diyshowoff.com/buttons/#5y0Ppo8CT1RwTBAw.99

15 comments:

  1. Oh what a difference a gray makes! Oh, I'm thinking, "oh, what a difference a day makes." Funny! In any case, the gray looks wonderful and goes great with your wood tones. Look forward to the big reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just went gray in my kitchen and dining room from red and I must say gray is so much better. I feel the same way about your bedroom color change. I bet you are loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely and very soothing shade of gray. Well done!

    Found you via Diamond in the Stuff and I'd love if you'd come join my How To Tuesday link party, too.
    http://housewifehowtos.com/link-party-2/how-to-tuesday-link-party-7/

    ReplyDelete
  4. We tried green in our bedroom, too... three shades later we gave up and went with a creme color. Your grey turned out so crisp. Love it! (We also used the Behr color Classic Taupe in our living room...such a nice color.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love your new color, and it looks fabulous! Oh the joys of a can of paint! I have several earth tone walls that are just weighing me down. They will disappear one space at a time!! Thanks for the inspiration and for linking up to Blissful Whites Wednesday!!
    Have a lovely day!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always enjoy when someone posts about a paint color they have used! Everyone can use ideas in this area. I, too, need to paint our bedroom. It was a warm caramel color that I have outgrown and now will head over to SW to see a chip of this color in person. Let's hope it works as well for us as it did for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, it looks terrific.....
    Wish we had used more gray in our house than beige...but, when we were painting back then the beige was in.
    We chose a taupey gray for the recently painted livingroom and halls....love gray.
    Your Hubby chose well. Great job.
    Nancy
    come for a visit
    http://wildoakdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty color. well done. Great job. We'd love it if you would show this off in our linky party at http://www.finecraftguild.com !

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's looking very pretty....now, YOUR painter has cuter legs than MY painter...but then again, my painter, MR. SWEET, is olden and his legs "ain't too bad"...hahhaa...
    I do love the new grays...and this one is especially pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the new color selection and am so glad that you guys are enjoying it! Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Funday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That color is stunning! So much better now!
    Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a terrific color choice! So wonderful you two came together to choose it - absolutely stunning, I appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the Kirkland, cast iron wall piece! That's what caught my eye in your thumbnail at the C.R.A.F.T linky party!

    Cheers,
    ~Cathy Mini~

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally agree with gray! Our house is mostly "beige" too, and the addition of gray is the best!
    We recently (ok, a year ago or so) redid our bathroom and paid $$$$ to have it and the bedroom painted, and I love the color, but our bed was an orangey cheery color which I was not liking, so I am painting it, and using ASCP in French Linen...Oh how I love gray! It tones down the "beige" on the walls and makes everything so soothing.....
    Love your walls, great move!
    Nancy
    http://wildoakdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.