Monday, February 4, 2013

Bye-Bye Green, Hello Collonade Gray!

 
I'm going to cut straight to the point here. The green color in our bedroom had to go. Yes, I picked it out but I could never get the bedding and decor to work with the room so after a year of living with it, we have decided to go into a new direction with our bedroom decor.
Its hard because this is the one room that has to suit both a man AND a woman, so wouldn't you know it.....after lots of Pinteresting and visits to the paint store, we chose to go with Gray as the new color for the bedroom.
 

 
I wanted a "Greige" color since the bulk of the house is painted in a beige color called Classic Taupe by Behr, but this time I let Mr. Chaos drive the bus on the color and he picked Collanade Gray by SW.
 
Its a soft gray color and I consider it to be in the "greige" family even though it has less beige in it than I originally wanted. The color turned out GREAT and we {LOVE} it!
 
Here is a picture of the work in process. Bye-bye olive green and hello soft gray!
 
 
 
 



 
 
 


 












I just love how soft this color reflects light. Its also not SO soft that you can not see the color and there is a subtle beige undertone to it which softens the color a bit so its not so harsh and cold.


 
This is the view looking into the bathroom.
 
 
 

Here is the view up on top of our headboard. The color pallet in here will be gray, beige, green, and white, with some black wrought iron accents.
 
 
 
 
 


I am very excited about finally getting this room done so I can't wait to show you the bedding we already have picked out. It will transform this room!
 
.....I will post about all of that later, but for now here is a recap of the new color.
 
It is called Collonade Gray by Sherwin-Williams. We used the Emerald line of paint in a satin finish.

 
SW7641-Collonade Gray


You can click HERE to get a Sherwin-Williams coupon good towards any paint or stain.  
 
 
Here is a comparison of the colors.  I have traditionally been a green person, but these new grays are really growing on me. What about you? Do you like the new gray colors? How about the new "greige" tones?
 
 
I can't wait to show you more pics of this room once we start pulling everything together, so stay tuned, there is more of this room coming your way. I am on the tail end of redoing my mudroom at our other house too!


Have a wonderful week!

Jennifer


I'm linking up to http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/2013/02/wow-us-wednesdays-104.html
and these other Great Parties:



 

Join the fun here each Wednesday!


http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o537/trunkle1/button2_zpsf5c26b23.jpg



{Primp}

Vintage On A Dime



Monday Funday Creating Really Awesome Free ThingsSeasonal Sunday Teapot copy

UndertheTableandDreaming
DIY Show Off
Read more at http://diyshowoff.com/buttons/#5y0Ppo8CT1RwTBAw.99