Monday, January 21, 2013

Color Inspiration-Sherwin-Williams Top Colors of 2013

Each year I get excited to see the new color trends for the new year. Pantone, a leader in color technology and matching systems, has published its top pic for 2013 as Emerald Green.
PANTONE 17-5641 Emerald
I like it, and as a red head this color looks great on me AND my dining room is painted a similar green......



but Emerald Green is so very close to its sister "Hunter Green" from the 90s! .....and I don't want to go back to college days gone by where we sang to Hootie and the Blowfish, said "talk to the hand", and decorated our sorority rooms in burgundy and hunter green!!!! LOL
So moving on to different colors that inspire me. This time the colors are by Sherwin-Williams. They too are leaders in the world of color. They win us over every time with the quality of their paints, and their ability to guarantee a color match of your desired color. I love all color but Sherwin-Williams is definitely my go-to place for color inspiration.
So, today I am going to share with you my favorite Sherwin-Williams pallet of 2013, but I must warn you.....I am not your standard beige kind of girl. I prefer color and lots of it, primarily because I spent 10 years in college and living in apartments where I was surrounded by what I call "renter's white"! I had dreams of owning my own home one day and when I finally accomplished this goal I took a personal vow to never succumb to the beige and white regime and I have never looked back! Viva la colour! :) LOL
Sherwin-Williams broke out the top colors into categories and my favorite this year is the Honed Vitality Collection:
I {LOVE} these colors!!!!!

Here are some inspiration pictures that iclude some of these colors:
Painted ceilings really bring the room together and look elegant. This ceiling is painted in Mountain Stream.
(Decorpad.com)
Walls in Silver Strand paired with a cream color and red accents. Tres chic!
Pinned Image
(Sherwin-Williams.com)
These colors are so rich yet because they are mid-tone  colors they are pleasing to the eye. They are calming and welcoming and I totally love every single one of them!
You can find the rest of the 2013 color categories HERE.
As you know I am in the process of making over my mudroom, which you can read about HERE. The beadboard wallpaper is up and now its time for color and I am having so much fun playing around with color swatches, but I can only pick one and that is the hard part!
Which color do you like the best? Have you used any of these in your home projects? 




Jennifer

Linking Up to These Great Parties:


http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o537/trunkle1/button2_zpsf5c26b23.jpg
Vintage On A Dime



src="http:>


Made in a Day

Photobucket
504 Main

5 comments:

  1. Oh such beautiful colors...I like them all...but I'm not done with last year's colors. I will just have to find some spots for all of them. Maybe i will wear some and maybe add some into my home. That should do it. lol.
    Blessings to you
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping over from Home Sweet Home because those beautiful colors caught my eye! I was surprised to see that two of those colors are already in my home! Wahoo! My powder room is silver strand and the office is unusual gray! Thanks for sharing!!!! I am loving that Mountain Stream color also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so beautiful! Love it, love it!

    Hopping by and following your lovely blog's FB, G+ and Pinterest. I blog @ Lipoid Pneumonia, Breast Cancer & Petroleum Jelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love color too!
    White is too boring!
    Thanks for sharing - have a blessed week!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer,
    Love the new hues and just purchased a quart of SW Versitile Gray for some furniture updating in Studio One, my creative space!!!
    NOT sold on the Emerald Green, sorry!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Fondly,
    pat
    P.S. Visiting from Yvonne's!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.