Monday, October 26, 2015

Thrift Store Tuesday

 
 
If you have been following along for any length of time you know that I decorate my home with hand made items and thrifted finds.
 
My treasures are hit and miss but I love the thrill of the hunt so I go frequently even if I don't score all the time.
 
If you are new to the thrift store scene I hope that you are inspired by my finds and inspired to see things beyond their literal use or look.
 
Many things can gain new life with some spray paint or embellishment.
 
Ok, so that's all I have to say about that.
 
Now on for the goods!
 
I hate paying full price for baskets so I'm always on the lookout for baskets whenever I shop thrift stores.
 
This big basket was a little pricey for a thrift store find but It was much more affordable than buying it at full retail so I snagged it!
 
 
 
Right now I have it displayed in my front room on an old stool.
 
Then on my way out to running errands last Saturday I went for a quick Goodwill run and scored some Williams-Sonoma dishes.
 
Awesome!
 



These white dishes are EXACTLY what I needed for my kitchen update!





I was able to get a set of eight desert plates, one bowl, and five dinner plates.


 
All for a FRACTION of the retail cost!



Then there was this wire basket.
 
The white dishes and wire basket will make the perfect farmhouse touches to my kitchen.
 



I typically steer clear of Christmas and holiday décor because I have so much already, but I am a sucker for reindeer so I had to get these guys.




Ok, ok, so I also bought another Christmas item.

In my defense it was half price. :)

I love silver platters and this one is engraved with
"Merry Christmas" and just needs a cleaning so I couldn't resist!



 
Pin It
 
 
Now I can't wait to get my house ready for the holidays with my new finds!

If you missed it, you can see some of my previous thrift store finds HERE and HERE.


Do you have any favorite thrift stores in you neighborhood?

 
Jennifer
 



Linking Up to:

Inspire Me Tuesday
What did you make photo Pin Worthy Wedneday_zpshijwokow.jpg
 
 
Savvy Southern StyleBlog Link Up Party-Treasure Hunt Thursday- From My Front Porch To Yourslinkup party image


Photobucket Create • Share • InspireMcCall ManorLP CollageInspire Me Monday Link Party

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.